Author Topic: Introduction to the Game and the Team!  (Read 4433 times)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Introduction to the Game and the Team!
« on: January 25, 2011, 11:41:31 pm »

Welcome to the introduction thread for our RPGMaker project. Chrono Shift is a fan-made non-profit game currently in development. It is intended to be a stand-alone game that can also serve as a prequel to the Chrono series. It takes place in the Dark Ages on the Chrono planet, fifteen years before the events of CT.

In keeping with Chrono Trigger's style with the Dream Team (and with the understanding that the developers of Shift have other things going on in their lives too) we shall be known as the Day-Dream Team:

MrBekkler: Co-Director, Co-Writer, Story Developer, Spriter, Mapper, and creator of 'The Demo'
Boo the Gentleman Caller: Co-Director, Co-Writer, Story Developer, Mapper, Quality Control
TheMage: Spriter, Mapper, Level Designer
MagusMage: Programmer, Scripter, Debugger, Mapper
Master-of-Mayhem: Mapper
LadyMarle: Character Artist
Tushantin: Scenario Artist
Tuberz McGee: Music Composer
Eluryahn: Music Composer
Jormungand: Music Composer

And the team would also like to thank:
Alfador: Quality Control and Occasional Revisions
FaustWolf: Consultant/Forum Guru
Zeality: Concept Contributor (Calaspera)
LanceVII: Consultant

Chrono Shift is a fan-made non-profit game currently in development. It is intended to be a stand-alone game that can also serve as a prequel to the Chrono series. It takes place in the Dark Ages on the Chrono planet, fifteen years before the events of CT.

Some features you can expect:
  • Customized sprites (not all are totally original but I don’t think even a single one has gone unedited)
  • An all-original, never-before-heard soundtrack
  • Experience the story with an all-new playable cast (though you may recognize a few eventually)
  • Contains several ties and nods to the official Chrono games
  • Utilizing Atoa’s Custom Battle System with the Chrono Plug-In
  • Raziel’s Chrono Custom Menu System
  • All-New spells and battle animations
  • 3-Person caterpillar system with 8-directional movement just like the official games
  • Tons of minigames and 20+ hours of gameplay
  • Multiple endings and New Game +
  • All-new Alchemy item creation system
  • An expanded and more diverse world to explore with more secrets than you've seen before
  • Epic and meticulously-planned story that expands the mythology

Like the demo, the game will be and was always intended to be free. We would never charge for it, if you pay somebody money for it, they scammed you, get your money back.

The team continues to grow and work toward completion. Bare with us and wait patiently while we work and rather than release news updates, we’ll release a finished game.

*Disclaimer: The engine for the game has gone from the demo using 2k3 to the full game using XP. The reasons are numerous, but at the end of the day the upgrade allows us to make a better game. The decision was that simple.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 09:26:01 pm by Mr Bekkler »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction to the Game and the Team!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 07:54:53 pm »
Thread revival... This needs updated, Bekkler!

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 04:31:57 am »
I am so beyond excited for this!

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 09:26:15 pm »
An announcement, Compendiumites,

I've decided in light of the delays and my lack of available time, that I cannot continue as sole director of the project. As of this day, Boo The Gentleman Caller and I will be Co-Directors and Co-Writers.

What this means for the story, resources, etc. is almost nothing. Boo has been a huge part of shaping this game from the beginning and while he shares my predicament (lack of time) he also shares my passion for the story and if we're working together at least someone will always be in charge making sure things get done and stored properly no matter who's around.

What this means for the team is that with some of the load off my shoulders, I can focus on building more content; and with more authority over the project, Boo can start delegating tasks better than I was doing previously.

Regardless, we both intend to be more involved with the project until its completion from now on. There may be road bumps or stretches of time where one of us is busy but all of us together will keep chugging along.

Edit: First Post Updated.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 09:28:14 pm by Mr Bekkler »

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 09:52:05 am »
Since you added me to your "Scenario Artist" credit (which I probably don't deserve, because I only ever did one image), I feel even more motivated to helping you now.

Let me know what you guys need done, and come Sunday, I'll make some art8)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 11:02:15 am »
Since you added me to your "Scenario Artist" credit (which I probably don't deserve, because I only ever did one image), I feel even more motivated to helping you now.

Let me know what you guys need done, and come Sunday, I'll make some art8)

Sounds great. I'll get you some image descriptions in a timely manner over on Verve.