Author Topic: 2300 AD - A Time Waiting For It's Hero (Remix)  (Read 1597 times)

Dunce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
2300 AD - A Time Waiting For It's Hero (Remix)
« on: January 24, 2011, 07:38:21 am »
2300 AD - A Time Waiting For It's Hero
http://www.filefront.com/thankyou.php?f=17842570
EDIT: Redid Vocals - http://www.filefront.com/17843325/2300-AD----A-Time-Waiting-For-Its-Hero.mp3/

This song is about all the people after Lavos rose in 1999 AD. In this reality, the hero never comes. It's a remix of Robo Them and 2300AD, but mainly 2300AD.

All Instruments/Vocals/Wind Rounds all recorded by me or my voice. I'll probably redo the vocals soon.

I finished this 2 - 3 hours ago, but I its taken me til now to render it. Well, sort of. For some reason I can't seem to get some cracks and clicks out of the render. I use Ableton Live 8 now, and I have not noticed this before my win7 reinstall.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's just my comp, but other music plays fine. Once I figure out whats wrong, I plan to submit it to OCRemix. Just need some feedback.

Lyrics:

Left behind
By the flow of time
Remnants of
A past long forgotten

My love, my love

If hope could
Help them the way it should
To give them the will to fight
They'd be alright

There's no hope
In this world
In this life
That their living
Here tonight

Where is their hero
Where is their hero
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 12:14:37 pm by Dunce »

DarioEMeloD

• Guardian (+100)
  • Ñ
    • View Profile
Re: 2300 AD - A Time Waiting For It's Hero (Remix)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 06:46:46 pm »
Somehow it reminds me of Radiohead, it's awesome!

PS: You don't need OCR

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 12:13:56 am »
I think the vocals need a little work. That's definitely where the crackle is coming from.

Dunce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 01:37:56 am »
Haha thanks, Dario. I feel I can make way better music just live recording it, instead or using FL Studio or Ableton Live 8's digital musics.

Lol, why don't I need OCRemix?

Its either the vocals, or when the vocals come in. That's where the most tracks have something playing. I am going to try to render it on my dad's beefy comp soon, and see if its not just my single core comp trying to use a dual core minimum requirement program.

The Wind sound and Vocals are definitely heavily processed. I have to put compressors on live instruments I record, so I can get decent volumes out of them most of the time. That makes lowering or raising a track's volume easier when I have made the sound fade in or out. The other thing they have is a heavy reverb. That makes the wind sound more like 2300AD's and the vocals feels distant and slow.

If the render on my Dad's comp doesn't work out, I'll look into changing up the reverb and compressors to see if that helps any.

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 09:10:17 pm »
This is really nice.  I like it.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 10:27:24 am »
Man, I loved the atmospheric feel of it! And the lyrics too! Unfortunately the voice needs to be more ambient, but that can easily be fixed with a little practice.

Personally, I prefer complexity in my music, but this is still awesome as a soundtrack. :D Funny thing to note though: I had a similar idea about a year ago for a fanfiction. World is doomed, people hoped, but no hero came. Their strongest will, intellect, technology and strength was no match for their incoming fate.

Dunce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 05:30:03 am »
Thanks guys.

I think the vocals were a bit too loud, so it loses the far off feel to them. Needs a few more adjustments before I upload to youtube.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 03:42:02 pm »
Thanks guys.

I think the vocals were a bit too loud, so it loses the far off feel to them. Needs a few more adjustments before I upload to youtube.

Id turn them down by maybe 3 to 6 dB. The amount of reverb doesn't need to go up, though, that's perfect, and the instrumentation sounds great. Can't wait to hear the final product!