Author Topic: Crimson Echoes leaked  (Read 54902 times)

Intangir

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Crimson Echoes leaked
« Reply #195 on: May 02, 2011, 10:15:44 pm »
Ya tried the whole google search thing ... Thanks though . I like the game very well done .

Black_Chocobo

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 05, 2011, 09:00:38 pm »
I have a real important favor to ask you.
Can someone give me the whole plot developement of 2300 AD, because we want to give the future more deepness (e.c. with the new city, a cave and some new houses) and need to know at which points of the game the dialogue/npcs normally change.
If we know the plotpoints of the changing future it would be a lot easier to figure the story variables out.
Thanks for everyone who helps us out with this.

owewaponx

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 12, 2011, 09:21:47 pm »
I recently got this, and have been following the "video walkthroughs" on YouTube, and am having a problem at " unto breach..." chapter.

Videowise, I'm here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO-Lm4P-5uE&NR=1

For my team, I have Ayla, Crono, and Magus. Was running blind in the Crono part, and am now stuck in a room with purple carpet and columns. There' doesn't appear to be a way out!
 :o

I have tried the stairs, things that look like doors, what I took to be openings, the treasure chest, which doesnt open, and examining the statue. Nothing! Anyone go through that chapter, using Crono?

Here's some screenshots:

Anyone? Please PM!

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 23, 2011, 03:40:06 am »
So, I finally got a chance to play this game.

It was ridiculously hard at points. And yet...frankly as far as I'm concerned it works so well with Trigger and Cross that, despite what is said at its beginning, it should be considered at least good quality fanon, if not canon, at least until contradicted by future entries in the series, if there ever will be.

And if not, then I think Crimson Echoes stands as a great testament to how much we fans enjoyed Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross.

Ethasus

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 06, 2011, 09:15:10 am »
anyone have a save state or know where I can download one for a new game + ?

Not exactly, but I might be able to help you out. I'll edit this post after I get permission

Boo, would editing memory addresses count as ROM hacking? Since it isn't really opening the game up, I'm not sure, so could you clarify?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 08, 2011, 12:12:14 am »
I'm not one of the techies, so I can't say for certain. My first reaction I would think yet, but once again, I couldn't say for certain. Let's hope someone with more experience can clarify and answer your question.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 08, 2011, 12:25:16 am »
I'm actually not sure what you mean to do Ethasus, but sounds like something that's best taken care of over email anyway. In answer to your specific question about editing memory addresses, temporarily doing so in the form of a Game Genie/PAR code should be protected under Galoob v. Nintendo at least. If a company wants to split hairs, perhaps there's a fine line between re-defining the RAM address a value is written to (gray area) and shooping a new value into an established address (solidly protected under Galoob). That's my understanding at the moment.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 12:27:59 am by FaustWolf »

Ethasus

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 11, 2011, 03:02:05 pm »
It would have been the second one. While looking through my CT folders (looking for the retranslation patch) I found a text file with the address mappings, which I remember manually adjust the values to get high stats( I don't really like battle, its more about the story for me). Most Emulators have utilities to do so, so it seems like it fell within the acceptable actions.

In other news, I found a leak of CE that is dated to the April build, which is close to the one that FW played during the walkthrough. Only difference is that the during the start, the debug room only appears for a second, and then the game starts automatically in Prologue.
FW, if you could, estimate where this places it in relation to the alpha and the beta that you played. I don't want to play it only to get stuck at the worst part (Marle alone) like the alpha. :(

I can provide the location if you guys ARE trying to close down the leaks.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 11, 2011, 03:10:46 pm »
It's probably the alpha IMO. One surefire way to tell is to see if Magus' new portrait is in, if you can get to his first chapter.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 12, 2011, 12:55:24 am »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's how Flames of Eternity starts.

Ethasus

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 13, 2011, 08:52:14 pm »
OK, so it has Magus' new portrait, says that its Beta Build April 7 to be exact. For some reason, however, the "wait" battle option doesn't work. FW do you know if it was originaly implemented, or was something that had to be fixed. (or it could just be the version I have)

Mr Bekkler, it is definitely some version of CE, the start up message is the same as the vids. Plus a lack of "YE YE YE!" :lol:

oh, btw, are we allowed to post IPS patches, just not ROMs?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 08:54:42 pm by Ethasus »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 13, 2011, 11:04:12 pm »
No we can't post patches either, unfortunately. But a lack of YE does sound like CE.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 14, 2011, 12:27:10 am »
Hmm, no idea. I am curious to find out whether Magus' OmniShield tech in your build has little golden laser thingies as opposed to little green laser thingies, as seen here.

Ethasus

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 14, 2011, 04:50:40 pm »
Why yes they are actually, they are golden/yellow and the silhouette is green after the tech. Now I'm kind of lazy so I am cheating on the stats (it is so much harder now, and I only care for the story)
Now does anyone know the max MP that you can have? I initially used 99 but I want to ask if it can go higher.
As well, I have an emulator on my ipod touch, but there is no support for AR cheats, so does anyone know a way to falsify the values, then lock them in the savegame?

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 16, 2011, 05:36:01 am »
Can anyone confirm if CT's Game Genie codes work on this? I know Prophet's Guile is okay with them.