Author Topic: Crimson Echoes leaked  (Read 54907 times)

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Crimson Echoes leaked
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2011, 02:20:07 am »
this explains the reason why Glenn is in human forme rather frog forme.

Hold it. Are Zeality and Agent10 members of Reddit or are they impostors?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 02:29:05 am by Dialga_Palkia »

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2011, 03:07:22 am »
those are either imposters that we can hunt down for a $75k SE-issued bounty on each, or the real Z and A10 (Agent 12 btw) just made an f-ing stupid financial mistake

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2011, 03:20:39 am »
Hold it. Are Zeality and Agent10 members of Reddit or are they impostors?
"Zeality" over there is the real one, as it's the same account he used before and its statements elsewhere on Reddit match his opinions.
"agent10" is less clear, as back in 2009, Agent 12 used "agent12".

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2011, 03:27:30 am »
well if one of em posted the leak, I hope they've got cash to spare

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2011, 03:59:45 am »
Assuming Square Enix even gives a damn anymore.

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2011, 04:39:07 am »
companies run by adults who never outgrew their terrible twos always give a damn

buu700

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2011, 05:25:50 am »
basically, whoever that user was on Reddit is going to get the CC in dire trouble. Why they might shut down this place. But, I don't see a reason because Capcom for example approves of fan works whereas SE has to be greedy. What's  hilarious is how they're leading themselves to their downfall with the recent expectations and sales of FFXIII and FFXIV.

That would be me... Maybe SE will be cool about it since I told people to buy their product...? :/

Do you really think the CC is in danger at all? It's not like this site was related to me finding that file and making sure everyone got a hold of it. Ah, fuck Maine, you know that feeling you get in your stomach when you realise you may inadvertently set in motion some negative things?

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2011, 05:32:50 am »
5 years from now SE goes bankrupt and they look for someone to blame their wrongdoings on.... just like the executives did to the production team after FF14 ba-bombed

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2011, 06:08:25 am »
Man, in 2 days this thread gets more views and posts than any others around. It's been years since the Compendium was this active. O_O And in the Sun Keep of all places!

The conditions of the C&D have been met, and SE's terms have not been violated. All ROMS and Patches have been destroyed and the Compendium does not support illegal activities regarding rom-hacking and anything else that may enrage SE (oh, great Gods of SE! How we worship thee! *sarcasm*). The Compendium will not be held responsible for whatever the heck people do outside of it.

@PSZ: If Schala was transfered to the Middle Ages in Janus's stead, then does Janus become the next King of Zeal? XD That'd be rad!

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2011, 06:22:33 am »
Haha, well... I haven't exactly thought of that.

buu700

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2011, 06:23:13 am »
Hey, I just posted a final update / apology to reddit which you may direct Square Enix to if the CC does contact them. Any thoughts or changes I should make?

(Sorry, it would be a bit unnecessary effort to convert the Markdown to BBCode, so I'll leave it as is.)

##Final Edit:

I've removed my mirrors of the files. I am not, in fact, the original leak; I'm merely a publicist (not unlike [MTV](http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2011/01/18/chrono-trigger-fanmade-sequel-keeps-franchise-alive/) and [Joystiq](http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/18/fan-made-chrono-trigger-sequel-finds-release/)).

[This Megaupload link] was anonymously sent to me last week; I can't say where it originated from, but it must have been floating around for a bit.

I am not associated with the project. I have nothing to do with either *Crimson Echoes* or *Flames of Eternity*.

Furthermore, the original developer team and the Chrono Compendium are not associated with this leak with which I took it upon myself to go sensationalist about.

My goal was to get the word out, because I think a project this awesome deserves some attention. Now that I've done that, the rest of you can find the game yourself. I hereby wash my hands of the matter.

###—buu700

---

**P.S.** Square Enix, Chrono Compendium, Kajar Labs: I hope this post doesn't cause any trouble for any of you.

Despite the positive response from fans / news outlets and the renewed interest in the franchise, it wasn't my place to open this old wound. If any of you want to contact me for any reason, just shoot me a quick private message (the account creation process is very short).

I honestly didn't think this would get nearly as big as it did, or even go anywhere beyond reddit. I sincerely hope that the existence of this game doesn't cause any damages, or even that it may help boost sales of the DS version of the game I linked to below.

Again, I know acted recklessly, I didn't take the consequences into account beforehand, and I'm sorry.

By the way, if a canon addition to the *Chrono* series is ever released, I for one will be among the first in line to purchase it, as will I'm sure all those 270 redditors who upvoted this post (not to mention the many non-redditors who were linked to this post).

And maybe here isn't the best place to suggest that Square Enix offer employment to Kajar Labs (or simply claim ownership, polish *Crimson Echoes* up a bit, and rerelease it on the DS), but who says we can't have a happy ending for everyone here? :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 06:32:59 am by FaustWolf »

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2011, 06:29:09 am »
SE is relentless, and ultimately they'll destroy themselves.

As the old moral goes, "Greed will imprison us all." ... okay, I got that from Rush Hour but it's a good lesson.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2011, 06:34:41 am »
Just found the ROM on /v/ and was wondering if something happened for a sec. So it looks like it is an updated version of the 98% version but not the one by Flames of Eternity. Huh, didn't know there was another one working on it.

buu700

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2011, 06:36:38 am »
SE is relentless, and ultimately they'll destroy themselves.

As the old moral goes, "Greed will imprison us all." ... okay, I got that from Rush Hour but it's a good lesson.

In other words, you think that they'll try and find someone to go after? Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with SE history and bad at deciphering stuff.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2011, 06:41:32 am »
Buu, I hope you'll forgive my tongue-in-cheek edit of your post.  8)

No sense freaking out over this any more than the other times it's happened since the C&D. Everyone and their brother has claimed to have "hacked the Compendium" or known a person who knew a person who knew a beta tester, etc. It's impossible to keep track of how many versions people claim are floating in the ether.

The danger period is the next couple weeks, or so I reckon because that's about the amount of time that passed between the final CE preview and the C&D back in 2009. Hopefully Square Enix is so busy knocking down unapproved Final Fantasy XIII-2 footage on Youtube that this will really be the least of their concerns. Keeping my fingers crossed that that's the case, anyway.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 06:47:21 am by FaustWolf »