Author Topic: Crimson Echoes leaked  (Read 54737 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Crimson Echoes leaked
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 09:25:07 pm »
Here's the thing... I don't care who picked up the pieces and put it together or who leaked it, but the people who created and poured their blood, sweat, and tears into Crimson Echoes are the one's who will be held responsible. Ultimately it will be Zeality, Chrono'99, etc. who will be held responsible, seeing as how it's THEIR project with THEIR names on it.

I mean, the C&D had their legal names on it. Square-Enix did their research and has the personal, non-internet, real-world contact information for Zeality and the others. Ultimately this will fall on their shoulders.

Is the "leak" the Flames of Eternity project or the unfinished beta from May 2009?

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 09:27:31 pm »
both

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 09:29:03 pm »
The people who leaked it took the 98% beta and completed it.

Flames of Eternity was also released, but is the inferior version, in my opinion

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 09:32:18 pm »
I just wanted to chime in and say...

...that PSZ's new avatar seriously rocks. I gotta find that Queen Zeal fanart. (I think it's Queen Zeal? Could certainly pass for Queen Zeal!)

For the time being, I guess the best we can do here is to make sure no links to the Chrono Trigger (or patched Crimson Echoes) ROM appear on the Compendium forums. I'm certainly not expecting any front-page commentary on the site, since that would be dangerous regardless. I think it's pretty poetic that anyone visiting the Compendium for the first time over this will see all the recent fanwork news articles splashed over the front page.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 09:33:49 pm by FaustWolf »

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 09:34:50 pm »
First, it's a comissioned piece of the Fiendlady, lol.

Second, it would be best to strictly monitor this thread and make it a bannable offense to even give pointers. The first guy worked around the link removal and gave a search instruction instead.

Lady Marle

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Princess Nadia of Guardia a.k.a. Marle
    • View Profile
    • find me on deviantArt
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 09:47:08 pm »
Faust Wolf : It's a commissioned piece I did for Princess Schala Zeal :) You can see the full version here on my deviantArt!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 10:19:54 pm »
Oh wow, I guess I did mis-identify that character after all! I especially like the hair, great job.

I'd prefer not to start a ban fest as a knee-jerk reaction quite yet. If the GoNintendo article is any indication, the Chrono Compendium and the CE team haven't even been mentioned by media outlets, so I'm guardedly optimistic that Square Enix will let this slide under the radar just as they did the alpha/pre-beta leak that made its way out just after the C&D.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 10:22:25 pm by FaustWolf »

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 11:52:48 pm »
Would it be appropriate to take a pro-active stance on this?  Meaning be in contact with Square/Enix to assure them that the terms of the C&D have not been violated?  No one at the Compendium was responsible for this.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 12:26:59 am »
Sorry for being out of the loop, but what is Flames of Eternity?

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 12:37:54 am »
Derivative of the CE alpha that is pretty much an implicit insult to the CE team.

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2011, 12:38:46 am »
Flames of Eternity is the result of someone taking the Crimson Echoes Alpha and heavily modifying it to his own tastes, while removing any mention of the original team. I see it as somewhat of a bastardization of Crimson Echoes, but look for it on youtube to decide for yourself.

EDIT: Oh, PSZ pretty much covered it.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2011, 12:43:16 am »
*rage rage rage*

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2011, 12:46:19 am »
yeah, it's kind of bullshit, but they deserve points for doing it. Although others did the same much better while keeping the original version completely intact. I knew one group was doing this, but I knew NOTHING about this "Flames of Eternity" thing.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2011, 01:23:35 am »
Can we really  say that no one from the compendium did it? It's always a possibility. Maybe we should make it clear that no one who was involved with crimson echoes did it.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2011, 01:49:27 am »
Can we really  say that no one from the compendium did it? It's always a possibility. Maybe we should make it clear that no one who was involved with crimson echoes did it.

Well, they had to get their hands on the thing from somewhere in order to leak it. Then again, this doesn't make it definite proof for either case.