Author Topic: Crimson Echoes leaked  (Read 55055 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Crimson Echoes leaked
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2011, 09:04:43 pm »
True. It's just that I can't help but feel a pang of excitement over how badass it would be for Masato Kato himself to post from a regular GameFAQs account, directly carrying on conversations with fans of his games.

The only sample we have of Kato's English is his Hardcore Gaming 101 interview (and the GamePro Chrono Cross interviews IIRC), and it's much better there than in the GameFAQs posts. No clue whether these interviews would have gone through some translation processing by third parties though.

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2011, 09:17:04 pm »
For the record, that account posted from GameSpot, not GameFAQs. I don't know what recognition statuses they have, but it might not show on GameFAQs.

He is however, a level 1 account (0%) there.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2011, 09:54:17 pm »
I remember Vehek confirmed it was a new account back in 2009 too. Could he have re-registered, or would the "new" status carry over because the account hadn't posted between then and now, I wonder?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2011, 10:04:18 pm »
One question: is the photo from anywhere else? Does anyone else recognize it?

I am going to assume it's him simply for hope's sake.

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2011, 10:35:26 pm »
That picture was once posted by Kato a while back on his twitter IIRC.
However, it didn't mean anything since anyone else could re-upload the picture.

#-----------------

My opinion, if the picture was really a newly drawn one, it could be exciting. Otherwise, it looks like someone tried to get whatever was available to trick us.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 10:48:31 pm by utunnels »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2011, 11:25:54 pm »
Jeez, I thought I was pretty hepped up on Kato's work, but even I don't follow his Twitter account that closely. Even assuming it's not actually him, I just want to meet the person responsible for those posts. I mean, a lot of us would be too busy trading Kato-isms with that person to be angry.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 11:31:38 pm by FaustWolf »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2011, 11:37:11 pm »
This "Kato" is sort of becoming our Harvey Dent. Whether or not s/he is authentic and true to the values proclaimed, the image of this "Kato" is a rallying point in morale for the Chrono fans. That may be a little strong of explaining the situation (as in, I wouldn't quite call "Kato" a rallying point), but either way this is inspiring news!

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2011, 11:42:05 pm »
Jeez, I thought I was pretty hepped up on Kato's work, but even I don't follow his Twitter account that closely. Even assuming it's not actually him, I just want to meet the person responsible for those posts. I mean, a lot of us would be too busy trading Kato-isms with that person to be angry.

At least, we got that picture. XD
It was not available since his twitter was closed.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2011, 11:43:48 pm »
Oh! That's what I was just going to ask. I couldn't find it either; I found a Tweet someone posted to @masa0009 and it led to a dead/closed account. I wonder when that happened? I think masa0009 (or masa009) was his account?

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2011, 11:51:29 pm »
It has been months...
I don't usually check twitter since I have to proxy it.

BTW, it was masa0099
 http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,3951.msg193784.html#msg193784

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • http://clovis15.deviantart.com
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2011, 12:10:28 am »
Here's my thoughts on everything:

A) I Really hope the fallout of this doesn't cause Square-Enix to decide that - since the Cease & Desist against releasing it was technically ignored - they need to in the future take a more slash and burn stance with their fans and stop everyone from making anything just to make sure something like this never happens again.

B) The user over at GameFAQs named "Jowy Blight XXVIII" is, if you'll pardon the language, being a Grade A Douchebag (TM). Whether or not he knows the proverbial 'friend of a friend' (of which it seems highly unlikely), he doesn't seem to know the first thing about ettiquette or sound arguing. My advice to him would be to stop being a Douchebag, and also learn how to write a coherent sentence, if you ever want anyone to take you seriously. I am very sorry you have to put with someone acting like that at a time like this.

C) Somehow, I excessively doubt this is the real Masato Kato.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 12:12:16 am by Clovis15 »

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2011, 12:17:55 am »
It does work for me if I click on it directly. It's in "Current Events" if you have to search for it manually Katie Skyye; just gotatsu linking to the Twitter account in question.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2011, 12:23:37 am »
Here's my thoughts on everything:

A) I Really hope the fallout of this doesn't cause Square-Enix to decide that - since the Cease & Desist against releasing it was technically ignored - they need to in the future take a more slash and burn stance with their fans and stop everyone from making anything just to make sure something like this never happens again.

B) The user over at GameFAQs named "Jowy Blight XXVIII" is, if you'll pardon the language, being a Grade A Douchebag (TM). Whether or not he knows the proverbial 'friend of a friend' (of which it seems highly unlikely), he doesn't seem to know the first thing about ettiquette or sound arguing. My advice to him would be to stop being a Douchebag, and also learn how to write a coherent sentence, if you ever want anyone to take you seriously. I am very sorry you have to put with someone acting like that at a time like this.

C) Somehow, I excessively doubt this is the real Masato Kato.

A) Indeed, it'd be very bad. However, I don't think they could really turn into those drastic methods? That could probably bring them a bad image. Taking into account that other companies haven't gone that far for the fanprojects of their games as well.

B) Agree on that. He seems so sure of himself being right... I hope he's just bluffing about contacting SE, if by actually doing so will mean some bad stuff to come.

c) Well, yeah, just suddenly posting and using his actual game... yeah, can bring some doubt. But if it really isn't Kato, well, it does seem well elaborated for a hoax especially considering the linked image and 'Runmaru' sign and that, and I have no idea about the  Japanese in there... who knows...

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2011, 02:00:24 am »
Well, if that happens, Jared Loughner will have a new target dummy -- that being someone who's actually guilty for once.