Author Topic: Expansion of Fan Projects Encyclopedia  (Read 2382 times)

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
Expansion of Fan Projects Encyclopedia
« on: January 07, 2011, 02:26:18 am »
Aloha! Lance VII here, Fan Game Advocate and Designer!

I've been working with the Encyclopedia lately, and I've been working on adding a much more expansive section for Fan Games. I'm planning on adding separate pages for underway projects, finished projects, and dead/cancelled/stalled projects. On top of that, for certain projects that have shown a lot of progess (ex: Chrono Shift, Chrono Trigger 2: Time's Eclipse, Epoch Battle, Chrono Ark, Etc), I will be giving them their own full encyclopedia pages.

I'm hoping this will generate more interest in the absolutely amazing fan made games being made here lately. If you want your project to have it's own page, please shoot me and message and I'll review the project. For now, the criteria is simple;
For a game WITHOUT a playable Demo/Full Game

*Please send me at least two full, 4-5 sentence paragraphs describing your game and it's features.
*Please send me at least three (3) screenshots of your project. Art and title screens not running in-game do not count. It needs to be IN-GAME.

For games including a Demo/Full Games
*Please include one full, 4-5 sentence paragraphs describing your game and it's features.
*Please send me at least three (3) screenshots of your project. Art and title screens not running in-game do not count. It needs to be IN-GAME.

Thanks to everyone for their continued support for fan-games.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Expansion of Fan Projects Encyclopedia
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 03:54:28 am »
Awesome news post and good work so far as the new fan projects tsar!

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • http://clovis15.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 05:27:46 am »
I was wondering, will there ever be an article on Chrono Trigger Unglued?

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 11:34:23 am »
I was wondering, will there ever be an article on Chrono Trigger Unglued?
Certainly. Just send me what all you'd want on the page.

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • http://clovis15.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 08:48:44 pm »
I don't quite know. I've never spent much time thinking about such a thing, because to some degree I always believed in the Wikipedia rule that those directly involved shouldn't be allowed to edit a page on the matter. There's a difference between cataloguing knowledge on something, versus instead writing a self promotional. I mean, I will be totally willing to check all facts and answer any questions to the best of my knowledge... but it just seems like - for the benefit of those who would actually be using the article to gain knowledge - something I shouldn't be making myself.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 08:50:19 pm by Clovis15 »