Author Topic: Tanaka kicked from FFXIV... Good thing for Chrono ?  (Read 618 times)

HeadlessFritz

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Tanaka kicked from FFXIV... Good thing for Chrono ?
« on: January 02, 2011, 03:19:12 am »
If my memory is correct he was the guy in charge of Chrono Cross. It seemed he was stuck on FFXI and Square had no other team to spare on chrono. Now FFXIV bombed, his career isn't going so well and Square is probably wondering what to do with the guy now that he's out. What about reuniting the chrono cross team ? With a few antidepressants he could be back on his feet for a new chrono game.  :D

What do you think ?

gatotsu911

• Guardian (+100)
  • Where Angels Lose Their Way...
    • View Profile
    • TAFKA (my blog)
Re: Tanaka kicked from FFXIV... Good thing for Chrono ?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 01:57:58 pm »
There is already a thread on this topic: http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,8900.0.html

Anyway, all we can do at this point is speculate, but I hope they do let him work on a new Chrono game (provided they also let him give it the TLC that such a title deserves). Reuniting the Chrono Cross team might prove difficult, however, since a sizable portion of them now work at Monolith Soft, and are therefore currently owned by Nintendo and Namco. Not that SquEnix and Nintendo haven't been enjoying a cozy relationship recently, but it's questionable that they'd go to the trouble of outsourcing development to that specific studio. But then, you never know.

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
Re: Tanaka kicked from FFXIV... Good thing for Chrono ?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 09:02:56 pm »
I will say it right now; if monolith is not heavily involved in the development of Chrono Break, I will not consider the game to be canon, even with Kato onboard. I have a hard enough time considering Cross to be canon since so many from CT weren't there....