Author Topic: I'm Organizing a Chrono Trigger Flash Animation Skit Collaboration!  (Read 2919 times)

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • http://clovis15.deviantart.com
I've been thinking about doing this for quite a while, and I've finally decided to sit down and get this started. After all, if I don't, it doesn't seem like anyone else will either. So here's the deal, Newgrounds has not yet had a multiple author Chrono series based skit compilation, so let's work on fixing that. Here are the following guidelines for the project so far:

- Entries may be of any length you deem fit for the idea, and can actually get done.
- Entries are to be 30fps, at 550x400 (default resolution), with your stage color set to black.
- Only use Flash 8 or earlier, have all audio files set to stream rather than event, and be sure to have everything in the symbol library have your user name as part of the symbol name (i.e.: Clovis15_Crono_Running_Up).
- I will be putting in as many entries as size limitations will allow, there will be no specific number of entries I am shooting for.
- I will accept entries that are either hand animated, or sprite animated, but I will only be accepting entries that are actually good. Also, if space limitations become an issue, hand drawn will be factored as a plus (although I will also ask Tom Fulp for permission to go over when we get there).
- Please only use original music from the portal, or music from the games. I respect Tom Fulp's wishes, so I don't want to see any copyrighted music from Record Labels showing up in here. Free use laws protect parodies of a subject matter, but the use of copyrighted music is never protected even if it is used in the context a parody.
- Deadline is currently end of April. I don't know how realistic that is, so I am willing to extend the time when we get there if necessary. However, I'm only going to permit extensions for people who can show they're working on something.
- All submissions should somehow be related to Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, or - if you really want to be hardcore - Radical Dreamers. I will be automatically rejecting any skits that are based around any of the Chrono Fan Games that Square-Enix has issued C&Ds, so no skits about Crimson Echoes please. Other than that, feel free to go Hog Wild.
- The use of voice acting is heavily encouraged, but - unless your skit somehow involves something along the lines of Crono and Company discovering that Lavos is really Strawberry Clock - I am not accepting anything that uses Speakonia.
- It's the .fla files you will actually have to submit, so be prepared to use Megaupload.

Oh yes, we need a pithy name for it once its released. I'm open for suggestions.

NOTE:

Those interested are encouraged to go to the Official Newgrounds Thread for further discussion.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 02:58:21 am by Ramsus »

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Organizing a Chrono Trigger Flash Animation Skit Collaboration!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 05:29:59 am »
UPDATE: We will be finding help assembling it so that people can use versions beyond 8.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 02:56:39 am »
I've moved this to news and updates to try and get it some attention, but it seems moving something doesn't change the posted on date, so it doesn't go to the top.

Hmm...

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 11:20:47 pm »
Well, at least I've gotten a lot of attention over at Newgrounds. It looks like we're definitely going to have a few skits all the same.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 07:45:27 am »
That's good to hear. I guess, there's not a lot of flash talent around these parts anyway.

Also, I modified the forum so it puts newly moved news submissions to the top of the front page after they've been submitted, so make some news submissions about your project as it progresses and we'll try to give them some frontpage time.

Anyway, good luck with your project!

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 01:37:59 am »
I suck at Flash or i'd help out, I can sprite stuff though! So if ya need any CT sprites let me know XD