Author Topic: The Day the World Revived (epic remix)  (Read 2914 times)

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
The Day the World Revived (epic remix)
« on: December 26, 2010, 08:16:09 am »
Here you go... I used FL Studio with the Magnus Choir plugin for this. Sounds real.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3FE7U64V

Enjoy!

I hope to have a Lavos Apocalyptic remix next, this should sound like the world is really coming to an end!

I might mix up the notes a bit and make it sound like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDFFHaz9GsY&feature=related

Stay tuned!  8)

~Z

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: The Day the World Revived (epic remix)
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 12:49:34 pm »
Fantastic work Zakyrus, I actually like this better than the original track; of course you were going for a more epic atmosphere with this one compared to the original.

I'm starting to wonder what would happen if all the musicians here got together and did some kind of collab.

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 02:23:08 am »
I'm starting to wonder what would happen if all the musicians here got together and did some kind of collab.

Square-Enix would issue a Cease and Desist Order.

...I'm a horrible person, I know.

A friend of mine actually told me someone made an epic CT remix, so I decided to check here and see if you guys had posted anything on it. I don't think this is the one, but I absolutely loved it Zakyrus. The choir sounded legitimate, which makes me realize the potential that a lot of these music making programs have. Absolutely wonderful, all around.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 06:21:08 am »
That's pretty awesome! But there's some jumpy bits I don't kinda like.  :? Sounds "digital" for a choir, if you know what I mean.

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 11:41:42 am »
There's a better choir program from EastWest called 'Symphonic Choirs' and you can make it say english words, latin words, phonetics, or just plain 'ahhs' and 'oohs'. Overall the production quality was amazing, who says FL Studio isn't as good as others?
As far as a collaboration goes, that only works online if each person does their own song from a soundtrack (ocremix has a pretty good remix of RD soundtrack where one person a piece worked on a song). In order to have a successful collaboration on one song you really need face to face contact. I've tried many times over the internet, the 'magic' just isn't there unless each person has their own workspace, their own song. Other than that it's just a matter of setting a clear artistic palette so all the remixes sound aesthetically fitting with each other rather than just a bunch of random ones mixed together.

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 12:08:47 am »
That is seriously being considered for the CT2 soundtrack. Awesome job.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 08:58:06 pm »
There's a better choir program from EastWest called 'Symphonic Choirs' and you can make it say english words, latin words, phonetics, or just plain 'ahhs' and 'oohs'. Overall the production quality was amazing, who says FL Studio isn't as good as others?

Sweet. I'll try that.  :D Hope to have a version 2 whenever I can.

~Z

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 10:41:10 pm »
Mind if I add you as a Remix Artist? You'll have access to uploading remixes to the site that way.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/ReMix

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 02:43:10 am »
Hey. Hey. Hey. HEY.

You should totally find a way to successfully 'epic'-ize Either Robo's or Johnny's theme.  :D

I shouldn't really make any requests, so don't take it seriously. But to make every song on there have some sort of epic feel to it... some of them would just make me lawl my pants off.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 02:44:43 am by Manly Man »

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 03:42:34 pm »
well seeing how both of those of those are major key pop jazz tunes, I don't think you can successfully convert them into epic. I could probably do a bebop/hard bop version, but they don't really fit for an orchestral remix.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 04:03:14 pm »
Though I could totally imagine a marching band performing a version of Robo's theme, musically speaking. Why a marching band would choose that to play, I have no idea.

And maybe Johnny's theme in a Lounge style, and the JetBike race a la Motorhead. A man can dream.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2011, 07:18:38 am »
Mind if I add you as a Remix Artist? You'll have access to uploading remixes to the site that way.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/ReMix

Sure. As long as I keep my "Architect of Kajar title" seeing as that doesn't exist anymore and that title is "impossible" to get.

Hey. Hey. Hey. HEY.

You should totally find a way to successfully 'epic'-ize Either Robo's or Johnny's theme.  :D

I shouldn't really make any requests, so don't take it seriously. But to make every song on there have some sort of epic feel to it... some of them would just make me lawl my pants off.

I do plan on making an "electric guitar" version of Johnny's theme, so that could be considered 'epic'. As for other themes I want to do....

Manoria Cathedral, Mystic Chanting (not really a song, per se...for now), Magus's theme, Schala's theme, Zeal Palace, and a few others....

~Z

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2011, 07:30:02 am »
Double post!!

Here's the Manoria Cathedral theme I had "lying around"

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3XSW3JZN

I forgot to put a fade out at the end, but oh well, it's W.I.P anyways.

I haven't gotten that Symphonic Choirs thingy yet, the "tor.ren..t "free trial" version is 38gb!  :shock: However, I do want to add some kind of lyrics to the day the world revived...

something like...

"This is not the end...
This is not theeee end...
for this...is the day....the world revived.... revived(echo)"

On a totally different note, here's an "Apocalypse Introduction" theme I made from scratch (took about 3 mins in FL Studio). Not based off anything in particular, but could be used for various projects. I'm interested to know what it'd be used for, I put it as "public domain" just give me some kind of credit or something....

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FRXC62HH

~Z
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 08:21:33 am by Zakyrus »

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2011, 03:10:24 pm »
Whoo-hoo! Manoria's good, but dang I liked that second one there! Can I use that (for a short film)? Don't know "which one" of them I'm gonna use it for, but dang I wanna use it!

P.S: You don't need Symphonic Choirs to do Opera-like lyrics actually. Just record yourself singing Opera-like, download Audacity and use the Choir/Chorus plugin.  8)

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2011, 11:27:02 pm »
Cool. Go for it. :D  I can make more music and beats should you need any more gothic mixes.

In fact, here's the song "Hellfire" that goes with it. I made this entirely from scratch from the vestiges of my dark imagination, I don't have the project file anymore so I can't add the vocals I want, but it's pretty twisted. The souls of the damned and evil laugh sounds are from "id Software's Doom3 and Prey games"

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OGA76UX2

Enjoy!  8)

~Z
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 11:44:54 pm by Zakyrus »