Poll

Should I give you all the entire story now?

Yes
5 (71.4%)
No
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Chrono Apocalypse entire story preceding future episodes?  (Read 630 times)

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
Chrono Apocalypse entire story preceding future episodes?
« on: December 20, 2010, 02:38:45 am »
This is a rather important question. It's been going in and out of my head since school started.

I am 18 years old, I have finally gotten a job (thank the lord!), and I have plans to go to college to become an ultrasound technician or a radiologist.

Life is fast approaching me and I have been listening to Chrono Trigger/Cross/FFXIII music as I have been working on Episode VI tonight, so I started thinking of the series.

The idea of this series is to make somewhere near 20 episodes before finishing it.

Granted I only have around 14 more to go (6 is about 90 percent done) the current speed of the project is kind of slow.

So, there is a strong likelihood that I will never make it to episode 20. Life is approaching. Oh sure, maybe one day, but I want you all to experience it before you become disinterested, which I can easily see happenning and I can also see it is the possible case with several of us.

The question of this thread is should I release the entire story after episode 6 is released. So you know how my vision ends? It won't be detailed scripts, but basic outlines. Rough drafts. The story in it's finality, but not in detail.

I am not quitting, but I think if the story is released then once I do my disappearing act again, you guys won't have to wonder. I do plan to finish the series and this doesn't mean it's over, what it means is you guys get to know what happens now and you can enjoy episodes in the future to.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 02:41:32 am by neo-fusion »

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Apocalypse entire story preceding future episodes?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 12:46:18 pm »
I'm up for that, a main story outline is better than absolutely nothing, or even worse a half-arsed one (or a mistranslated one  :cry: )

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 02:26:52 pm »
This will end up being based on the poll

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 02:58:56 pm »
Are you not working on the game anymore?

I'd say it depends on you. If you think you'll finish, don't post the plot outlines. If you won't finish, do it, but clean up the outlines in case someone else finishes the story for you, or maybe try to make a comic collab w an artist.

My 2 cents. Good luck, either way!

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • http://clovis15.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 07:22:08 pm »
While you may never finish your animation, if you give the outline you'll almost definitely never finish it. Once everyone knows, there won't be a reason to keep working on it as they already know. Before I took over CTU, Cryo almost gave people an outline for the rest of the series to put the thing to rest. Would people really have been happier having that than the 12 new episodes that have come out since? In the long run, no; but many of them thought they wanted to see it in the short run. Yet if you go back and ask these same people now, they would probably near unanimously - except for the few who think I killed the series - say they were glad to have seen more of it in animation instead of just a bulleted outline.

People will jump at anything to have more in the short-term desperately, even if it's not what they really actually want in the long-term. Don't tell people the outline, not until you are officially giving up. So long as you intend to keep working on it every now and then, don't quit. Only tell them what would have happened when you are promising yourself the dream is over for you.

Successfull story tellers have often known that the fans don't really know what they most want. That doesn't mean successfull story tellers away give the fans what they secretly wanted but didn't know, no one is perfect, but it is to say that directing story decisions based on a fan poll is always a very bad idea.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 12:17:47 am by Clovis15 »