Author Topic: Cosplay FTW!  (Read 614 times)

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
Cosplay FTW!
« on: December 08, 2010, 03:31:25 am »
Took me a month to get around to this, but oh well... been busy and other lame stuff.

I have yet to get the really good photos of this that a friend took, but until then, I found another one to appease you all until I get a hold of those (which hopefully will be in the next week or so). Sorry if it looks odd, but it was so dark that I tried to lighten it somewhat. *sigh*

The day Prince Janus & Alfador met the legendary Robert Axelrod

(and yes, I know the collar doesn't look that accurate; but my best bud who helped with the costume couldn't figure out how to get it like the real thing without totally ruining it and we had to settle for something akin to Schala's collar; and yes, one dork at AkiCon did think I was Schala when he came to complement the costume and my cat... argh...)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Cosplay FTW!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 04:10:22 am »
The silk looks nice!

And WHERE did you get the little Alfador??  He is too adorable for words!

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 07:31:06 am »
Yeah, you did a nice job.
But personally I think a cloth robe is better than a silk one. :P

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 12:56:16 am »
@ Sajainta: He's a purple cat plushie from GUND that my best bud got off eBaY. Boy did we get a surprise when it arrived, because it meows 3 times when you squeeze it's tummy! (eerily similar to how Alfador sounds in the game, might I add). And then I used a dark purple fabric pen to make him have similar markings to how he looks in the anime cutscenes.

@ utunnels: It's not real silk, anyhoo, And the idea was to give it a regal touch since Janus is a prince after all (I'm quite pleased to have found the fabric in the most authentic-looking color ever; though I must say, it is thanks to having my DS with Chrono Trigger in it for using for reference that helped most).