Author Topic: Richard Honeywood Interview  (Read 869 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Richard Honeywood Interview
« on: June 20, 2005, 12:34:54 am »
FFCompendium, those blackhearted rogues, refused my request to be affiliates. Nonetheless, they did an interview with the Chrono Cross localization guy and he revealed some stuff:

Quote from: Honeywood
Actually, as a side point, sometimes the English versions are better than the Japanese versions, as we can remove bugs that were found after the mastering of the Japanese (such as those reported by Japanese players). Also, some staff members like to add or change things for the foreign versions. In Chrono Cross, for example, the scriptwriter Kato-san agreed that some of his explanations of background events and people's connections weren't very clear, so we added extra text for the English version. For instance, the relationship between Korcha and his "adopted" sister Mel wasn't explained clearly, so Japanese people were creeped out by the fact that Mel had a crush on her brother. Also, the reasons why there were two moons in Chrono Cross (when Chrono Trigger's world had only one), and whether Belthasar planned the Time Crash or not, were not explained very well either. So, Kato-san and I rewrote parts for the North American version.

Anyway, how did they find this guy's e-mail? I'm still mad that FFCompendium doesn't want to link with me. They plain old didn't even answer my e-mail. That's the worst thing you can do. I'm going to try again sometime.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 09:33:40 pm »
Aw, I totally thought I explained the second moon because you could see the red moon during the fight with Zeal atop the Black Omen...Poop.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 03:13:30 am »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Aw, I totally thought I explained the second moon because you could see the red moon during the fight with Zeal atop the Black Omen...Poop.

Belthasar is the one who claims that "his world" didn't have two moons.