Author Topic: VERY IMPORTANT QUESTIONS TO THE FANS. Please read!  (Read 1860 times)

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
VERY IMPORTANT QUESTIONS TO THE FANS. Please read!
« on: November 01, 2010, 01:26:48 pm »
Alright, I'm gonna come completely clean. The main reason that Chrono Trigger 2 has been put on Hiatus is because of some criticism I received from the demo. A few people disliked that the game was too much like Crimson Echoes. They wanted it to be more original. I really took this stuff to heart.

Shortly after I got those messages, I sat down and drafted up a new plot. I feel as if this plot would be better received as an independent story from Crimson Echoes. While this draft is still in the editing stages, I can clarify what this would mean if I took this direction for the game.

I would start over using the same engine already built for CT2:TE. There would be no title or stat changes made to the game, and a few features may be removed or changed. The music may be switched from MP3 to Midi in some cases. There would be an entirely new plot connecting Trigger and Cross, while providing some elements from Chrono Trigger DS. There would certainly be a new cast of villains. Influences from CE would remain, however, they would be more subtle, such as a music track or a line of dialogue. The game would possibly be short, but would be much easier to complete and ensure that the game may actually be out by the end of 2011.

Elements of the original script, such as Asteria and the Epoch Battle, will remain.

As all of this have been said, I want YOUR opinion. I want to know if you want the game to remain on the CT:CE path, or become it's own game. The choice is yours.

Let me know if you have anything you want to see added or taken away. I will listen and consider ALL suggestions. Thanks again for all the support.

-Lance VII, Director of Overture Studios/Chrono Trigger 2: Time's Eclipse.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
Re: VERY IMPORTANT QUESTIONS TO THE FANS. Please read!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 07:21:06 am »
Well, the opening scene seemed original. After that, chapter 1 seemed the same, as did -some- of the other footage I witnessed. I recommend mix it up.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 03:12:52 am »
Well no one got to play crimson echoes, so I thought it was nice that it had similarities to CE but if thats not what the fans want . . . either way i'll back ya up :D.

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 06:44:14 am »
True, but there's an entire 90 video playthrough of CE. Since it was too much CE-like, I do recommend something fresh. Otherwise it'll be all "Yeah, I remember that from the videos..... oh that's new.... oh, there's another thing from the videos..."

Hayden

• Guardian (+100)
  • Shadow, Sonic and Tails are FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 02:59:05 am »
Alright, I'm gonna come completely clean. The main reason that Chrono Trigger 2 has been put on Hiatus is because of some criticism I received from the demo. A few people disliked that the game was too much like Crimson Echoes. They wanted it to be more original. I really took this stuff to heart.

Shortly after I got those messages, I sat down and drafted up a new plot. I feel as if this plot would be better received as an independent story from Crimson Echoes. While this draft is still in the editing stages, I can clarify what this would mean if I took this direction for the game.

I would start over using the same engine already built for CT2:TE. There would be no title or stat changes made to the game, and a few features may be removed or changed. The music may be switched from MP3 to Midi in some cases. There would be an entirely new plot connecting Trigger and Cross, while providing some elements from Chrono Trigger DS. There would certainly be a new cast of villains. Influences from CE would remain, however, they would be more subtle, such as a music track or a line of dialogue. The game would possibly be short, but would be much easier to complete and ensure that the game may actually be out by the end of 2011.

Elements of the original script, such as Asteria and the Epoch Battle, will remain.

As all of this have been said, I want YOUR opinion. I want to know if you want the game to remain on the CT:CE path, or become it's own game. The choice is yours.

Let me know if you have anything you want to see added or taken away. I will listen and consider ALL suggestions. Thanks again for all the support.

-Lance VII, Director of Overture Studios/Chrono Trigger 2: Time's Eclipse.

EDIT: LOL my Post was in the quote

I do not agree with Making the game short If there was at least 17 Chapters that would be good  I like the New Battles stuff too
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 05:04:35 am by Hayden »

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 12:11:45 am »
Why do I find posts that only consist of quotes of previous posts?

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 03:15:42 am »
Why do I find posts that only consist of quotes of previous posts?

If you read through it he meant to say "I do not agree with Making the game short If there was at least 17 Chapters that would be good  I like the New Battles stuff too" but put it inside the quote bracket.

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 01:57:34 pm »
The game is looking to be around 18 or so chapters. It'll be longer than Chrono Alter (6-7 Hours), but shorter than CT (19-20 Hours).