Author Topic: A Scream from the Underground  (Read 3220 times)

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
Re: A Scream from the Underground
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 04:35:39 pm »

I don't know.  I mean, Bethesda did give us Elder Scrolls.  True, some the quests in the series were uninspired and a bit repetitive, but overall, it was still very immersing in its own right.

As for Fallout 3, you're right.  After all, there's a black sheep in every software family (except Rareware).

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Re: A Scream from the Underground
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 03:41:00 am »
I know this topic is kind of dead, but all hope is not lost!

We had a rough year, but look at how many entries there were for Dream Splash 3!Far superior to Dream Splash 2, and about equal with the first Dream Splash! the C&D deffinately hurt in many ways, practically dismantleing Kajar Labs for most of the year, but I know things are far from over. Chrono DS came out in 2008, so i'm waiting for them to port Cross into Wii (or something). I'll take anything, while waiting for a new chrono game. I know things look grim about there ever being a new chrono game but if Square Enix cares enough to protect chrono trigger with C&D's than someone's keeping an eye on the chrono community.

I think the Compendium dwellers need some inspiration. We need a 'legal' project that everyone can participate in, that will draw interest.Be it a fanfic project- much like project Zeal - or something else entirely. Something that will unite the denizens of the chrono compendium, something to start a spark.

Also, perhaps we could set up a forum dedicated to CE. Where people can discuss the game, and write their opinions, and reviews etc. Though we couldn't play the game, we all got to watch it and it might inspire some interesting conversations involving characters, plot, time bastard, and time theories. I realize it was a fan game, but it was made by those who know chrono trigger best: the fans.  I believe a lot of fans want to talk about it, but are not quite sure where to post their ideas.

It's not over yet, there are stll fanfics to be written, fanart to be submitted, discussions to be had, and fan games to be made. Rpg maker games seem to be in the clear, at least for now, so thats what we'll do. And if that's C&D'd we'll find something else. Until Square Enix realizes the only way to make us stop is to make us a game themselves.

That's my 2 cents.