Author Topic: Project Dreamers  (Read 2124 times)

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Re: Project Dreamers
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 04:47:29 am »
So if we are to revive Project Zeal we'll use the same plot- here: http://www.chronocompendium.com/Stories/42/41 but we'll be writing our own scenes and characters to enhance the world of Project Zeal, neat. So lets get stared XD

Once we decide what we are going to do we should make a big- noticeable- attraction on the front page - or something  that will  catch the compendium dwellers eye to make them come here and help out :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 04:49:37 am by TheMage »

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 04:54:25 pm »
I'm in!  :D

Albeit I've been doing too MUCH writing and reading these days, including Moonlight Reckoning and my novel, thus I'll only be able to help out in the artistic sense. I'm ready for anything if it means to build up an awesome portfolio. LOL

Animated avatars anyone?  :lol: Kidding.

Speaking of which, what media will this project be?

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 05:28:46 pm »
So if we are to revive Project Zeal we'll use the same plot- here: http://www.chronocompendium.com/Stories/42/41 but we'll be writing our own scenes and characters to enhance the world of Project Zeal, neat. So lets get stared XD

Once we decide what we are going to do we should make a big- noticeable- attraction on the front page - or something  that will  catch the compendium dwellers eye to make them come here and help out :mrgreen:

Whoo! I did not know about that. I have to make sure I don't read it, I'm working on something similar and don't want to steal any ideas.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 11:12:08 pm »
Well, I said I was interested before, but I'll go ahead, jump in, and commit.

Rebooting Project ZEAL sounds interesting, but... what about the original authors? Those were their ideas, their hard work... Seems kind of wrong unless we hear from the others that it's okay.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2010, 03:05:35 am »
Rebooting Project ZEAL sounds interesting, but... what about the original authors? Those were their ideas, their hard work... Seems kind of wrong unless we hear from the others that it's okay.
Wrong? Lass, they should be HONORED! XD It's their fault anyway they jumped the boat before their project could be actualized. Besides, we'll credit them of course.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2010, 04:21:25 am »
We could come up with something completely different than Project Zeal of course, but what is it going to be and what about? Fanfiction written by the compendium's authors, and art by the artists of course, but what will the plot be?

Someone needs to come up with something - we need like- a poll lol! Well I gave my suggestion- about the fall of guardia and CT's heroes being 'villians' someone elses turn!

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2010, 05:24:11 am »
Mfwahahaha! While working on Moonlight Reckoning I DID have a brainstorm about an awesome plot that could make the CE team shit bricks (if the writers of CE helped us, of course). I was intending to make it into a short 3D film, but I wouldn't mind it to be a part of Project Dreamers.

The problem is that THIS story doesn't have an actual "hero". No, there are no Crono, Marle, Glenn, etc. in this but is certainly a part of Chrono universe. The main character is an Anti-Hero.

EDIT: If this project does spike interest I'd be honored to have it featured in my website. http://benevolence9.wordpress.com/
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 10:36:05 am by tushantin »

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2010, 06:54:14 pm »
Good to see so many who are interested.

A Project ZEAL reboot isn't necessary. In fact, I would love if we could create something original to the Chrono fandom, instead of reusing others' work. I hate to see ZEAL discontinued, but perhaps it has served its use as great inspiration and a testament to the Compendium's skill? As for an original plot, it would need to be vast enough to be covered from multiple angles. I like TheMage's idea for this reason, as the Fall of Guardia was widely left untold. We could also go in a drastically different direction; say, another planet? Space travel is possible, as seen with Starky. Or a scenario set in the distant future. What about the history of Lavoids? Just tossing some ideas.

In my opinion, though, I think we should leave out main characters from the games (Crono, Serge, etc.), or at least relegate them to sub-character status. I believe their presence would take away from the original characters we create.

Mfwahahaha! While working on Moonlight Reckoning I DID have a brainstorm about an awesome plot that could make the CE team shit bricks (if the writers of CE helped us, of course). I was intending to make it into a short 3D film, but I wouldn't mind it to be a part of Project Dreamers.

EDIT: If this project does spike interest I'd be honored to have it featured in my website. http://benevolence9.wordpress.com/

I would love to hear about this plot, if you don't mind sharing it. Also, I think I would be the one honored if you featured this project on your website, once it gets rolling. :D

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2010, 07:27:22 pm »
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,8867.msg197873.html#msg197873
There we go! Sorry if half of it doesn't make much sense (wrote the entire thing at four in the morning). Regardless, the story was HUGE when I planned it out initially, so I'm better of making micro-plot pointwise, with character bio, for better understanding.

Feel free to develop and modify the idea further down the road. I'd like to see how this goes.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2010, 12:32:16 pm »
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/11/rethinking-video-editing-with-novacut/

Read that news and was pumped up by its sheer awesomeness. Also, Lightworks for Windows is expected to be released by 29th of November for early subscribers. and by January to everyone else. For Linux and Mac however it'll come out by late 2011. Novacut is also a promising editor which might dedicate itself to Cloud-based editing of videos, quite useful if you have Ubuntu One or DropBox installed.

At the same time, I've been playing around with Ren'Py and was astounded by what it could do. Not only does it have plenty of modules to make a modern version of Radical Dreamers but it can also play back video and a pretty awesome tool for making Dating Sims and Role-Playing Games! Yeah, you heard that right: roleplaying games. And did I mention there's a plugin to import scripts from Celtx so you don't have to rewrite the whole thing in Ren'Py?

Which made me ponder. Is anybody here knowledgeable in Python? If so, we could certainly soup up a good multi-characters Visual RPG Novel with the help of awesome artworks and animatics.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 06:16:02 pm »
If so, we could certainly soup up a good multi-characters Visual RPG Novel with the help of awesome artworks and animatics.

That would be great.

What did everyone have in mind for the actual writing method? From the way Project ZEAL is organized, it looks like multiple chapter segments that were collaborated on before making the cut. That's at least the way I envisioned this going.

Also, what does everyone think of a "rise of Zeal" setting, such as in tushantin's Atash Kedah? It's a point in time not covered by the Chrono series, and so much creative liberty can take place.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2010, 09:33:22 pm »
Also, what does everyone think of a "rise of Zeal" setting, such as in tushantin's Atash Kedah? It's a point in time not covered by the Chrono series, and so much creative liberty can take place.

Personally I would vote against it (as a group project anyway), but only because my game has not been completed yet and it mainly deals with the rise of Zeal. I'm biased.

But there's legitimately a lot of other stuff to expand upon in the Chronoverse anyway, other planets Lavos's species may have attacked, other timelines that were cancelled out by the actions of the Trigger or Cross party, etc. Just some examples.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 09:36:08 pm by Mr Bekkler »

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2010, 12:07:09 am »
But there's legitimately a lot of other stuff to expand upon in the Chronoverse anyway, other planets Lavos's species may have attacked, other timelines that were cancelled out by the actions of the Trigger or Cross party, etc. Just some examples.

Another planet setting would be neat, but there would be tons of effort needed to create a new world from scratch. I'm certainly up to it, but I'm not sure about everyone else.

The world of ZEAL is, in a way, one of those timelines, though more a "what if" timeline like the one Dinopolis came from than a cancelled one.

I still like the fall of Guardia setting, but there are many cons to that. The setting is static (no time travel), the story not open-ended (Guardia loses), etc. Sure, it can be expanded greatly in detail, but that might be better done in fanfiction.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2010, 01:38:59 am »
Ah, well, it's all up to you guys. Perhaps you require a pole. The thing with Atash Kedah is that the main plot structure is already done and could have multiple protagonists --  all it needs now is a good script.

Regardless, if the media of the story's decided I could always provide hints for headstart (unless it's a fangame; I'm not really a coder XD).