Author Topic: A permanent cosplay topic?  (Read 1343 times)

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
A permanent cosplay topic?
« on: September 12, 2010, 11:14:34 pm »
I'm curious to know if it could be at all possible to have a big permanent topic for discussing cosplay from Chrono Trigger, Radical Dreamers, and Chrono Cross. Whether it be our own awesome creations, or seriously epic and authentic ones we've found pics of online.

And I'm pleased as ever with the good news I got this morning - I'm joyfully now %50 done with my prince Janus costume that I and a close friend have been working on. All that remains to complete on it is to sew together the fabric for the costume itself, buy a pair of elf shoes that we found online, and cover the shoes with what's left of fabric from the costume. Still could use some grey-blue contact lenses, but that could be purchased later... just need to get the main bulk of it all finished and awesome before worrying about little details like that. LOL, funny I say that, since I went to the trouble of getting a purple cat plushie that meows 3 times when you squeeze it - going to use a dark purple fabric pen to make it look like Alfador.

And in future plans, I am thinking of trying to cosplay as NeoFio for the sake of a big Chrono Cross cosplay group that a friend of mine is planning to form (so far only have 3 other people interested, and he's been having issues arguing with this other friend of ours over who will cosplay as Serge... jeez...).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 11:21:15 pm by Kara Kazeneko »

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
Re: A permanent cosplay topic?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 12:01:41 am »
I would love to dress as Lucca for a con at some point.  I mean, I have the glasses down and the hair down.  =)  (I just would need to grow it out, it's very short at the moment).

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 09:58:34 pm »
It'd rock to see more Lucca cosplayers. She's my #1 favorite girl in the game, and probably the coolest "smart cookie" type ever to be in an RPG (a.k.a. female nerd/geek/genius).

I also wish there could be more NPC cosplays. Everyone knows the mains, but lots of other characters could sure use some lovin' - such as a Poyozo, Crono's mom, Kino, Tata, Taban, the Gurus, and the villains (Flea being my personal fave). And jeez loueez... it sure would rock for someone to finally do a Magus costume and get it right (believe me, if you saw the horrible one this guy did at SakuraCon for a skit 2 years ago, you'd probably want to beat him with a big stick for being a moron at cosplay).

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 10:04:30 pm »
I have tried on several occassions to obtain things I could use to pull of a mighty fine Gaspar.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 10:28:26 pm »
Magus is too ripped and too cool for anyone to pull off a skinny Magus, and getting in that kind of shape means a lot of gym time and a lot of eating.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 10:30:52 pm by Ramsus »

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 10:43:20 pm »
@ Temporal Knight = Awesome. Btw, one of my con buddies already has...

@ Ramsus = Not necessarily be ripped, but at least look decent. I keep coming accross Magus cosplayers that're either too short and/or too pudgy, and of course having the wrong colors for the costume and wig. I look forward to what my friend (the guy planning the Chrono Cross group) is going to do, because he's thought of maybe doing the Prophet version of Magus once he heard about me doing Janus.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 10:47:05 pm by Kara Kazeneko »

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 06:07:57 pm »
I was actually going to do something fairly similar, but with more realistic materials. I already have a realistic Mario Costume that I wear for Hallow's Eve, so why not make my favorite Chrono Trigger character as well?

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 11:23:09 pm »
WOOHOO!!!!!!!

As of yesturday, I got most of my Janus costume DONE. All that's left to do is wait for the wig and elf shoes that were ordered to arrive, then my bud will style the wig and paint the shoes. It is truly wonderful how it looks for something so simple as a poncho, and despite being rather long (compared to the art of Janus), it still works out well since it's like a robe and poncho combined. Also, I got the fabric color damn awesomely accurate, and for that I have much joy and pride. Sure hope the wig and shoes turn out as just as great.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 06:33:47 pm »
That's great. You should put up some pictures of your progress.  :)