Author Topic: 600 AD King Guardia and Doan  (Read 1571 times)

SeiRyuukishi

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
600 AD King Guardia and Doan
« on: November 10, 2009, 09:59:10 pm »
I have a few questions about Crimson Echos. First what happened to Doan of the ruined future? He is Marle's descendant and Lucca brought him to the Present, which would mean he has Time Travel Immunity. What was he doing during time paradoxes? My second Question is about 600 AD King Guardia. Why does he not recognize Glenn or realize Mazamune is gone? He also has TTI for the same reason Doan has it.

I'm sorry if this was asked before, I couldn't find a specific thread on it so I made one. FW couldn't answer these questions on Youtube so he suggested I ask them here. Those were the only plot questions I had about CT: Crimson Echos. I enjoyed watching all 92 videos I personally think you guys outdid the original by using complete time paradoxes.    

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: 600 AD King Guardia and Doan
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 10:05:00 pm »
If I remember correctly, about King Guardia, they do mention in one of the comment sections that it was a detail they forgot until too late.

As for Doan, I believe it was also told that he is somewhere in the new 2305, but his importance to the plot is none, so he doesn't appear at all.

Well, if someone knows/remembers better, do tell.

SeiRyuukishi

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 01:55:47 am »
I can see why Doan was unimportant but he's still a descendant and should at least be brought to Chronopolios as a side quest. He is family after all and now is a time transient because there was no Lavos apocalypse, there's no ruined future and Balthazar was gathering people from displaced times, a.nd Doan is very displaced

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 12:32:18 am »
Damn, we kind of completely forgot about Doan. We should have put him in.

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 11:29:57 pm »
I can see why Doan was unimportant but he's still a descendant and should at least be brought to Chronopolios as a side quest. He is family after all and now is a time transient because there was no Lavos apocalypse, there's no ruined future and Balthazar was gathering people from displaced times, a.nd Doan is very displaced
Then how the heck can Balthazar exist in the newly restore future if the ruined future he was in is no longer in existence?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 11:37:17 pm »
Then how the heck can Balthazar exist in the newly restore future if the ruined future he was in is no longer in existence?

Time Traveler's Immunity. This case is a perfect example of it in action.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 12:08:13 am »
Overanalyzing will eventually tear the plot of the chrono series a new one.

SeiRyuukishi

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 03:19:45 am »
Wow I didn't expect ZeaLiY to reply to my thread lol. The only reason I remembered Doan was because after watching the Crimson Echos videos on Youtube I picked up Chrono Trigger DS again and played till Speiko in one sitting and remembered Doan wasn't in Crimson Echos.

If you want you can say it was part of the 2% because he was very minor and would probably only be worthy of a small side quest. And I saw a post by ZealKnight that said you guys left out the 600 AD King Guardia's TTI on purpose so that Glenn Felt alone. Is that true or did you guys forget that very minor detail too.

Balthazar it the most extreme case of TTI. Because the Ruined Future never existed Balthazar never died, just like Marle dieing in the Reptile time line. Once it was fixed she was alive again, and which is why you had to replay her solo chapter again.

The only reason why we pick apart the Chrono Story is because Square left us with huge plot holes we as fans want/need to have filled because it was one of the greatest, if not the greatest game ever made.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 12:12:38 am »
*Bump*

As for Doan in original CT, doesn't Lucca bring him back after Lavos is defeated?
If so, he should be in a fixed future, in which Lavos never destroyed the world. How could he remember Crono's goodness?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 12:38:00 am »
Maybe he was brought before they went to fight Lavos, but doesn't seem like it, considering the whole thing (bringing them to 1000 AD) was very likely planned after. It could still be, but considering how Doan just enters the gate without worrying about the new future, unless he already thought about it during the time spent before the parting.

And then, it also can't be the Doan of the new time line, since... well, I don't think Doan has a secured existence in it. Considering how the time line now has many more people, and living in a more spread manner, chances are Doan will not exist due to the bloodline now having a very high chance of going a different way than it did in the bad future. At the very least, Doan will not be recognizable due to different DNA and stuff.

Now, in the case it did went how it originally went, eh...

I think this may lead to a dead-end, actually. :?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 12:46:48 am by Acacia Sgt »

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 12:52:45 am »
Hehe, unless the future remains unchanged until the gates vanishes(there's a delay for some funny reason such as Lavos didn't die immediately, it just got wounded).
Another possibility is the ending is actually some timeline like CC Home World, poor Lucca just didn't realize why Doan is still in a bleak future. :lol:

Hayden

• Guardian (+100)
  • Shadow, Sonic and Tails are FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 03:33:01 pm »
I have a few questions about Crimson Echos. First what happened to Doan of the ruined future? He is Marle's descendant and Lucca brought him to the Present, which would mean he has Time Travel Immunity. What was he doing during time paradoxes? My second Question is about 600 AD King Guardia. Why does he not recognize Glenn or realize Mazamune is gone? He also has TTI for the same reason Doan has it.

I'm sorry if this was asked before, I couldn't find a specific thread on it so I made one. FW couldn't answer these questions on Youtube so he suggested I ask them here. Those were the only plot questions I had about CT: Crimson Echos. I enjoyed watching all 92 videos I personally think you guys outdid the original by using complete time paradoxes.    

Wrong, if you see the playthrough on the part where Glenn Frog and Magus change Time Since Marle And Lucca And Robo were inside the timeline without getting inside a gate the timeline changed and they did not remeber what really happened on the last time with the Reptite Problem. As for Doan and King Guardia  They both did not have it anymore only if they Time Traveled Long Ago Then they wouldn't be Immuned, On the glenn part i am not sure, Either he Time Traveled Recently or they just scripted it like that

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 01:21:04 am »
Honestly, I think bringing King Guardia XXI and Doan to the year 1000 was one of the weaker moments in Chrono Trigger.  For the reasons mentioned earlier in this (rather old) thread, it creates all kinds of problems and doesn't strike me as something Lucca would do.  And since we're on the subject of plot holes, let me bring up another:  If Doan is Marle's (and presumably Crono's) descendant, how can he possibly exist in a timeline in which Crono and Marle mysteriously vanished from the year 1000 after the prison break?  Is this a case of pre-destination in which Doan's existence is proof that Crono and Marle are destined to travel back to the past and have a child?  This is very shaky temporal ground.  How far can you take pre-destination paradoxes?  Taken to its most extreme, Crono and Marle are destined to destroy Lavos and save the future, so how can a ruined future ever exist?  And without the ruined future to guide them, how would Crono and Marle ever decide the future needed to be saved?

As someone else said, maybe it's best not to overanalyze this.  :lol:  My own personal opinion is that Doan should not have been descended from any of the main characters - and so avoiding needless complications.  He doesn't really need to be descended from Marle to have his own moment of importance in the story.

Hayden

• Guardian (+100)
  • Shadow, Sonic and Tails are FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 12:19:53 pm »

Well i think its like this, Whoever was not in a portal when something changes, that means everything that changed they do not remeber.as you see on the 1 A.D part, marle did not know where she was when the reptite thing changed.