Author Topic: The strange sapling  (Read 6943 times)

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
The strange sapling
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2006, 10:41:51 pm »
Or even worse... the Earthbound ones wouldn't be as jealous of Zeal now that they had green stuff too.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
The strange sapling
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2006, 08:47:25 am »
Is that clear in the Japanese version that the first seed was Melchior's? In the English version, one NPC claims it came from "the Guru of Life" but another one says it came from "the Guru of Time".

What I do know though is that Fiona's seed isn't a "Mystic seed" (as claimed by the English version). In the Japanese version, she says it was passed on from generation to generation.

Augenstein

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
The strange sapling
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2006, 08:53:39 am »
Quote from: Chrono'99
Is that clear in the Japanese version that the first seed was Melchior's? In the English version, one NPC claims it came from "the Guru of Life" but another one says it came from "the Guru of Time".

What I do know though is that Fiona's seed isn't a "Mystic seed" (as claimed by the English version). In the Japanese version, she says it was passed on from generation to generation.

In Crono's time, pretty much everyone is a varied mix of magical and non-magical people. Most likely it's origins begin in the discriminnate era and the seed is in close relation to the strange sappling.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
The strange sapling
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2006, 11:52:28 am »

That doesn't neccessarily mean that it isn't the same seed.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
The strange sapling
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2006, 02:24:20 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr

No, I didn't intend to make it means anything special, I'm just clearing this translation error (the English quote makes us think that Fiona obtained the seed from some Mystics, which we know isn't the case since it comes from one Guru giving it to the Zealian woman).

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
The strange sapling
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2006, 02:27:20 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr

No, I didn't intend to make it means anything special, I'm just clearing this translation error (the English quote makes us think that Fiona obtained the seed from some Mystics, which we know isn't the case since it comes from one Guru giving it to the Zealian woman).

Oooh I gotcha, I thought by mystic you meant magic.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
The strange sapling
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2006, 03:56:27 pm »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
Though it is not stated explicitly, these saplings can be thought of as descending from the one created by Melchior in 12000 B.C. They all play a role in replenishing hope. The Japanese version, however, does directly state the seeds have power.

でも命の賢者様からいただいたこのわかぎを、女王様はもやしてしまえと……。 緑を守る力を持った不思議なわかぎだと賢者様はおっしゃっていたのに……。[END]

Can anyone tell me how to make it so Firefox can read Japanese symbols? At least, that's what I assume all those "?"s are supposed to be...thanks.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
The strange sapling
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2006, 07:01:54 pm »
It's not your browser, but your Operating System. You have to download and install a Language Pack from Microsoft.com in order to read foreign languages.

Mystik3eb

• View Profile
The strange sapling
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2006, 04:08:02 am »
Thankee. Makes the world seem more English+Japanese to me.

Now if only I could read it o_O

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
The strange sapling
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2006, 06:27:18 am »
Quote from: Mystik3eb
Thankee. Makes the world seem more English+Japanese to me.

Now if only I could read it o_O

Thank goodness that I learn it as a LOTE :D

でも命の賢者様からいただいたこのわかぎを、女王様はもやしてしまえと……。 緑を守る力を持った不思議なわかぎだと賢者様はおっしゃっていたのに……。

Demo(something)no(something,something,something)karaitadaitakonowakagiwo, (something,something,something) hamoyashiteshimaeto. (something)wo(something)ru (KA) wo (something)tta (something,something,something) nawakagidato (something, something, something) wa o sshyo ttitanoni.

Well, I haven't learned that much Kanji yet, so all of it has been done as  (something). The (KA) is katakana Oo

Ask Aura, she'd probably know what it means XD Or BableFish lol.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
The strange sapling
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2006, 06:55:57 pm »
So it received from the wise man of life, that the queen burns densely the key....... When it is the strange key which had the power which protects green as for the wise man to having said.......

There, a translation. Because the grammar was horribly butchered in translation, it basically says that the seeds are the key to protecting the Earth, as said by Melchior, and that this is why the Queen wants to burn it.

Mystik3eb

• View Profile
The strange sapling
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2006, 11:39:19 pm »
Cool.

But wait wait wait wait...

...Aura's a girl? *blink* Zaper, are you pulling my leg, or am I really that stupid?

This is one of the things I really hate about meeting people online o_O

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
The strange sapling
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2006, 02:07:17 am »
Quote from: Mystik3eb
Cool.

But wait wait wait wait...

...Aura's a girl? *blink* Zaper, are you pulling my leg, or am I really that stupid?

This is one of the things I really hate about meeting people online o_O

I've learned to learn to never argue with a girl during PMS. Just kidding ;) But yeah, I think Aura refered to herself as a "she".

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
The strange sapling
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2006, 06:36:36 pm »
I refer to myself as both. Gender is pointless on the Internet, and only serves as a distraction from a person's personality and intellect, which is the heart of the Internet in the first place. He, She, refer to me as you wish. I don't give a damn.

Darth Mongoose

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://darthmongoose.hyper-comix.com/home.html
The strange sapling
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2006, 07:58:35 pm »
"The seed we humbly recieved from the guru of life, which the Queen ardently desired to burn. The mysterious seed that the guru said has the power to protect all green things."

Well, there's my translation. Sounds like something from Lord of the Rings hahaha.

If there's ever any doubts, I'm female.