Author Topic: PAX Event Schedule Online & Compendium Meetup(s)  (Read 4552 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: PAX Event Schedule Online & Compendium Meetup(s)
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2010, 09:44:35 pm »
Well, I'll be there. And Zephira will be there. And who knows; maybe there'll be others who make the journey! I'm still holding out hope for an appearance by The Uboa!

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2010, 03:42:54 am »
I'll be there too! I've already purchased my badge!

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2010, 05:24:43 am »
Ooooh. With that nice little amount of folks coming, perhaps I should bring some sort of tasty treat that I can share with everyone... maybe some Pocky?

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2010, 05:44:20 am »
I don't leave the house much, mainly because I don't like people knowing me beyond the internet... Not yet at least.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2010, 09:35:48 pm »
I'll probably be there again this year.

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2010, 04:07:16 am »
So - are we going to make some organized plans for this?

Such as where we are all going to meet up (preferably someplace that doesn't require a con badge, since I will be coming without one due to not being able to afford it). I suggest having it be someplace like Freeway Park, which is not only easy to get to via the 4th floor in the center, but seriously awesome to take photos at (if you happen to be wearing cosplay, mainly).

Doesn't look like I'll have my Janus cosplay done in time, so I'll just bring along Alfador.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2010, 11:54:42 pm »
I'm hoping to host a The FEAST outside of PAX, but I'm not sure where or when, or even if it will happen at all. Less formally, we might try doing a midday meetup during PAX. That worked nicely last year. Let's work out which times work best. The full PAX schedule will be up soon.

And holy moly: They're renting out Benaroya Hall (home of the Seattle Symphony) as their new Main Hall this year. I've been in there plenty of times; it's very nice digs! They're also renting out part of the nearby Sheraton Hotel to use as a satellite theater. This shit is BIGGEST.

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2010, 10:32:42 am »
When you guys go to PAX, you should go see The Protomen in concert. Why? They're from my school. :p

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2010, 04:35:16 am »
Unfortunately I kind of screwed up my tickets, so Saturday is the only day I can do anything D:. But yeah, I'm coming then. I'm up for anything on Saturday, really.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2010, 07:54:26 pm »
@Z: I've got your cell phone number still (unless it's changed), so I'll text you if Things Happen. So far, it looks like the Compendiumite Contingent at PAX is too small and scattered to support a get-together. A lot of people neglected to buy three-day passes before they sold out, and are only going for one day. Others are unable to attend for other reasons.

But I'll be there!!

@K: Wow! All cosplayed up and no ticket to get in. =(
Gotta buy your ticket earlier next year!
Maybe you can get one from eBay?

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2010, 12:08:47 am »
K, I didn't buy a ticket either. You usually can just buy them at the con even though they say they're sold out, they really aren't. Oh it's a money problem... well I bought a ticket for someone here last year and my general idea is that people don't expect to pay me back, but maybe if I have some extra cash. I'm kinda strapped for money this year as well...

J, yeah just text me phone number is the same. I should be around the con all of Saturday. If anything, we can just hang out and play cards again.

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2010, 03:06:40 am »
Okay. I'm going to show up around 1pm and hang out at the convention center for an hour or so.

Planning to cosplay as "Sporty Link" (Zelda sports jacket, matching athletic pants, green Link hat, elf ears), and dork around just enjoying the awesome PAX-tastic atmosphere since I'm not able to enjoy the con itself...

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2010, 03:43:41 am »
Have fun you guys!  :D

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 06, 2010, 10:48:19 pm »
Ah, sorry I missed you, KK. PAX was awesome. You definitely must buy tickets next year.

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #104 on: September 08, 2010, 06:14:08 am »
I may have not had a badge, but I still had an epic time!

A close friend briefly let me borrow his badge to go see the BttF DeLorean, sneak a quick peek at some game booths, etc. And later on, me and some other friends waited in line for the big SEGA-sponsored deal at GameWorks... 2 free hours of gaming, a chance at winning epic prize packages in a raffle, and FREE FOOD/DRINKS. It was fantastic. If I had that much fun without a badge, then I'd probably be in paradise if I could fully attend the con.

Oh, and several cosplay buds of mine got their photos on several gaming sites (as well as landing a 'booth dude' job for next year, in the case of my friend Chris who was cosplaying as Dastan from Prince of Persia: Sands of Time). My friend Elias certainly got the most photos taken - he was Wicket the Ewok.  :kamina

Next year, if I don't get kidnapped off to KumoriCon by my friend Kim, I'm definitely attending PAX. And I highly hope that we can all manage to have a true forum meetup arranged for it, as well. We all have a year to plan... so let's make it awesome!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 06:23:08 am by Kara Kazeneko »