Author Topic: New on the forum, some questions (CTP related)  (Read 1750 times)

Little_Orchid

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
New on the forum, some questions (CTP related)
« on: August 09, 2010, 08:19:59 am »
So I have some CTP related questions. Is there any information on what Robot Village supposed to be? Given it's coliseum-like appearance and antiquity-themed names of some robots (Atropos, Prometeus) could it be that robots built a new society that has an ancient greek/roman theme?

Also I first thought about the coliseum and the Battle 2 music track that was used in Arena in DS rerelease. But it's occurence on the OST list suggests that the track was most likely used for the R-series battle given it's drama of Robo getting kicked and trashed, and that a player was unlikely to reach an unconnected Robo Village island by foot at the time. So I don't think that Robot Village was supposed to be some battle arena.

Another interesting topic is Singing Mountain. According to Mitsuda, it was cut for being a generic useless dungeon. But I just can't stop speculating on that - the name "Singing Mountain" does not sound generic - in fact I believe some major event should have been occurred at this location. Not only the name but also the fact that it uses a signature theme track that doesn't really sound like anything from 65000000 BC suggests that it's no generic pre-historic dungeon.

What are your thoughts on this?

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Re: New on the forum, some questions (CTP related)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 01:17:49 am »
I myself, don't know much about the robot village, just that I think it would be a cool aspect of the game. I agree with the greek/roman theme, Prometheus is the name of a god who gave humans fire and then was punished for it. Which, rather fits Robo seeing as he was a 'traitor' to Motherbrain.

Atropos was a fate, particularly one in charge of ending mortals lives and cutting their strings.

Who knows what could have laid in store at the robot village!

As for singing moutain, I think its one of the most interesting things about the prerelease. It has it's own song, but it was cut out for being 'useless'. I agree that if they took the time to write a song for this particular dungeon, it may be more important than they want us to think.