Author Topic: "On Self-Delusion and Bounded Rationality"  (Read 972 times)

MsBlack

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile

gatotsu911

• Guardian (+100)
  • Where Angels Lose Their Way...
    • View Profile
    • TAFKA (my blog)
Re: "On Self-Delusion and Bounded Rationality"
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 01:16:22 pm »
So... what is this and why should we read it? Not trying to be critical, but it'd be nice if you could give us some sort of brief description or setup before linking us to something with no apparent relevance whatsoever.

MsBlack

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 12:20:19 pm »
A philosophical horror story. And really, all I can do is encourage you to stick with it (it's not very long); it's a vessel for some interesting ideas. (And certainly if you bear with it, you will see that it could not possibly be irrelevant.)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 04:30:51 am »
An interesting read, although for what it's worth I think it speaks more of your own adventures than of anyone else's, MsBlack! I am sorry you got banned for posting it. I expect you were prepared for and are content with the outcome. Perhaps you are not even reading this, in which case you shan't be able to enjoy my commentary:

I disagree with the plausible assertion spelled out early in the story that frame-of-mind can be carried out across successive iterations of meta to some (variable?) convergence point at which further meta becomes insignificant. I rather think only one layer of meta is sufficient; any attempt to meta the meta would itself also be meta of the same order. But of course my claim remains merely an unsubstantiated scrap of words without supporting logic, so perhaps you will have to catch hold of me sometime and wring it out of me.