Author Topic: Chrono Break: Alternative twist ideas  (Read 2386 times)

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Chrono Break: Alternative twist ideas
« on: August 01, 2010, 08:26:39 am »
Two thousand years ago, there was a man who, through his travels through time, unlocked a mysterious power long lost to mankind.

But this story is not about that man, who upon saving the world fell victim to history's many mysterious and unknown twists...

No, this is a story about another man. A man who never should have existed, possessing a power that should have remained long forgotten...

And how this man would come to save a new world far away from his own.

This is just a thread for me to do sketch dumps of random ideas for different Chrono Break games. In this first idea, the revival of magic in Crono's bloodline has caused one of his distant descendants to now have the ability to use magic. This would come to impact the timeline of a completely different planet that has been attacked by a creature seemingly not to distant from Lavos. As you can guess, this story takes place after the age of space exploration has begun. It would climax with the discovery that Lavos was merely a bio-weapon created to help take over the universe, and end by having you travel into a higher dimension beyond all time and space in order to defeat the creators of these beings.

Of course, this is just one of many crazy ideas to come. Stay tuned for more!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Break: Alternative twist ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 04:35:45 pm »
Showing Crono with his hair trimmed was already a big twist!

It would climax with the discovery that Lavos was merely a bio-weapon created to help take over the universe, and end by having you travel into a higher dimension beyond all time and space in order to defeat the creators of these beings.
Is anyone named "Fei" involved in this process, by any chance?  :D  I've always loved the slight parallels between the franchises, and it's probably no coincidence since Kato was on board for both.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Break: Alternative twist ideas
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 05:56:57 pm »
Now see, I though the "higher dimension beyond all time and space in order to defeat the creators of these beings" sounded an awful lot like the Star Ocean series - particularly 'Star Ocean: Till the End of Time', in which they... Nevermind. Spoiler almost popped out. Sadly... I still haven't played Xenogears. Once my move is complete I plan on playing Parasite Eve again... But I'm getting off subject. Back to the task at hand.

I loved the art-style and the space-opera feel of the storyline. I've had my own idea about the Chronoverse that took it in a very similar direction. Can't wait to see more!

(Me love space opera long time.)