Author Topic: Chrono Trigger mmorpg * huge project about 20 percent done*  (Read 7734 times)

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger mmorpg * huge project about 20 percent done*
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 11:05:27 pm »
Hmm.. well I don't want anything overpowered. And it'll depend on what jobs/classes there are.

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 05:17:15 pm »
so.....can I be like.......an imp or anything? It'd be cool if we could have our characters be a select few enemies from the game. just a handful though (like 5), that way you can still have a lot of the enemies just be NPCs that you beat  the shit out of for exp/leveling up. how will the weapon/armor system work, we just buy it all or are certain ones only obtainable from questing? even in CT certain weapons were only available through questing, such as the rainbow sword. guilds/clans?

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 09:29:17 pm »
Race ideas: reptite, human (normal), human (enlightened), mystic (variety maybe?), robot, nu, mutant
Class/job ideas: paladin, cleric, knight, wizard/mage, archer/gunman/hunter, necromancer, warlock, barbarian
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 09:31:23 pm by Princess Schala Zeal »

shrooms

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 07:00:45 pm »
well heres the prblem i am starting school agin (back to highshool) I will work on it as much as i can but the
thang is it takes up a lot of free time sorry :(

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 12:49:12 am »
PSZ, didn't you have a Chrono MMORPG in the works a while back? Whatever happened to that?

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 05:22:06 am »
I did? Well I recall it being a thought...

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 09:17:22 am »
Maybe that was it... There was somewhere around here who was working on one, like, two years ago. They even had a few Youtube videos showing the progress that was made. I just did a quick Youtube search and...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YE0GIMa5J4

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 05:52:32 pm »
I remember that.

shrooms

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2010, 09:55:33 pm »

PSZ, didn't you have a Chrono MMORPG in the works a while back? Whatever happened to that?

ok i did not i just started i have to affect with that one thats on youtube i had no idea there was one  :shock:

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2010, 10:53:00 pm »
Well that one never got finished. Let's hope yours DOES end up meeting to completion!

idioticidioms

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2010, 11:52:48 pm »
If you need any work done proof-reading and fixing up the general text and dialogue scripts, let me know. Not the greatest writer in the world or the most well known, but I do know a thing or two about it.

Insane

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2010, 04:30:47 am »
Schala has a point, though. What's the story, what's the gameplay like and so on? That's what makes an MMO different to other games - in MMOs you can die and get back up again, but there's a penalty, whereas usually you just load up a save. What is the penalty, and what is the story?

shrooms

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2010, 07:22:08 pm »
Schala has a point, though. What's the story, what's the gameplay like and so on? That's what makes an MMO different to other games - in MMOs you can die and get back up again, but there's a penalty, whereas usually you just load up a save. What is the penalty, and what is the story?

oh yes there is a huge story in it wich includes lavos but the thing is that this lavos is at the center of the planet you have to upgrade your epeloch(you have to buy the epoloch) and then there r many sidequest but there is a story with diffrent classes like ones chrono ( duh) and some r the imps and other monsters. with newer
techs and magic

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 07:24:46 pm »
 :?

idioticidioms

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2010, 10:00:11 pm »
his explanations do tend to make you wince, don't they? Keep in mind, though, that you don't need a complete mastery of using the English language or any other language for that matter to be a bloody brilliant programmer.

Basically, what he has so far, or what he wishes to release as public information is that the main story line of the game revolves around Lavos, as it does in Chrono Trigger. Like any MMO, you go through and do tons of side quests to get gear, loot, money, exp., The sidequests themselves will probably tie somewhat into the main story line, though I'm sure a lot of them will probably not, but they will tie into each other.

For the record, shrooms, it's 'Epoch' which basically means 'a pocket of time'.

I do think that the classes suggested so far are well over-done. What you guys need are some classes that are Chrono Trigger specific, or as close to it as possible. Chrono Trigger has a great story and is very in-depth as we've all seen from some of the conversations we've had here. I hope that you don't get lazy and make a bubblegum mmo, because there are countless mmo's out there and you want this one to stand out and be great, not just good.

Also, for the record, 'imp' wouldn't be a class, but a race. Classes would be like, Fighter, Black Mage, White Mage, etc.

I think the classes should be based on what type of magic you can be. This would limit it to the standard CT ones: Lightning (Sky), Fire, Water, Ice, Shadow and Non.

Obviously, certain races wouldn't be able to use certain magics, so they would be limited to the types they are able to use. This is going to require a lot of research of the original game if you want it to remain true.

I do look forward to when the beta testing will be done and I even look forward to such a time where a Chrono Cross Expansion would be considered.

Best of luck.