Author Topic: Chrono Break Demo  (Read 10083 times)

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Chrono Break Demo
« on: July 23, 2010, 04:53:34 pm »
Alright this is my entry for Dream Splash, it is a small fan game i've created on RPG Maker 2003. I started the game when Dream Splash first started this year, and i've ended it about an hour ago. It is a small demo, but I hope that everyone will be able to enjoy it. There are many different ways to play the game, because choices effect future game play!

Here are some pictures:

Link: http://img295.imageshack.us/g/alive.png/  (more pictures)

edit:
New Link to the game:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=38QTL8A4

I hope you all enjoy the game, this is my idea of what Chrono Break may or may not look like.If people like it enough I may continue it as a fan game, but I will re-name it and i'll need help.Tell me what you think, also if you find any bugs or problems let me know!

walkthrough- (spoilers duh)- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ULW30BBM

« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 06:16:18 pm by TheMage »

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Break Demo
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 07:57:35 pm »
wonderful. do I have to download anything else to play the demo?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 08:19:35 pm »
Great work TheMage, I can't wait to give this a spin. Looks like you did some new sprites, or at least some frankensprites?

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 10:59:56 pm »
Oh yeah there's a few surprises in there. I did get a little Frankensteinish on poor Marle and Magus. :) Did a lot of new sprites and messed with a few graphics, i think everyone will be surprised at the map for 1005 A.D. as well. ^^

With out giving to much away you have a choice of playing either Guile, or Magus.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 11:01:42 pm by TheMage »

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 11:00:25 pm »

Nope!

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 03:22:21 am »
I won't be able to play this for a month.... I hate macs...

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 03:57:49 pm »

Nope!
strange, after I download the demo, it gives me an error about RPG Maker file not found.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 01:34:07 am »
strange, after I download the demo, it gives me an error about RPG Maker file not found.

Herrrrm... I didn't think you would need to download anything else.

try this. You probably dont need all of this to make it work, but it should guarentee that it will work:

http://2drpg.com/2003.php

scroll to the bottom and hit download.

Sorry about that!

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 04:14:17 am »
Just hope this works on Ubuntu+Wine. xDDD I can't play it on anything else as of now. Dawww why you kill off Glenn!

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 09:45:33 am »
@tushantin : Unfortunately, my guess is that it won't--I experimented with Chrono Alter under WINE and it Did Not Work (started, then froze up, and screwed with my desktop before I could kill it from outside X). That was a couple of minor WINE versions ago, granted, so it's possible that whatever the problem was has been fixed (or that TheMage's demo is less problematic than Alter was to begin with), but my bet is that RPGMaker 2003 and WINE don't mix.

Dice.

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Que Sera Sera
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh.
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 05:38:04 pm »
Haha, gotta say, this is pretty cool!!  Interesting vision (as in, the CT additions) and I'm curious to see what you'll do with it (if at all - or completed, which is a much harder task).)

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 11:20:03 pm »
Just hope this works on Ubuntu+Wine. xDDD I can't play it on anything else as of now. Dawww why you kill off Glenn!
I don't even know what Ubuntu+Wine is soooo I don't know, lol.

I didn't kill Glenn off, the picture of his tombstone is actually at Cyrus's grave site in 1005 A.D. Next to Cyrus's grave. I always thought Glenn should be recognized as well!

Haha, gotta say, this is pretty cool!!  Interesting vision (as in, the CT additions) and I'm curious to see what you'll do with it (if at all - or completed, which is a much harder task).)

Glad you like it :D

I would love to complete it, I wanted to do much more before I submitted it but I wanted to submit it  before Dream Splash was over. I'm proud with what I have at least. There's many different way to play the game, and I thought that was a cool aspect. I like the idea that your decisions effect future game play.
I don't want to give to much away for those who havent played but an example is Fiona's forest. At the beginning it will ask you if you saved the forest, your answer effects how the map looks, but there's more choices than that and some have bigger effects than others. :D

I think my plot is a little weak and I would love a writer to help me out since I want to  continue it.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 12:41:04 pm »
Ubuntu is a free Linux computer operating system. Very spiffy and has a lot of cool features

WINE is a way of allowing Linux to run Windows programs..... to an extent. WINE's rocky at best I could say.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 01:11:06 pm »
I noticed some bugs in the game, so i've gone ahead and fixed them.  I put the new link in the first post as well.

If anyone finds any bugs please let me know! The bugs I fixed were not being able to enter the Guardia kitchens, a mini game at the fair, and some other small things such as grammar errors, mis-spellings etc. Here's the new link!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=38QTL8A4
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 01:14:10 pm by TheMage »

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2010, 06:42:07 pm »
It's exciting to see all this talent showing up here lately. I think this is the first time we've seen so many good looking RPG maker projects.

I'm not much of a gamer (it's still taken me a lot of energy just to play through this latest Star Ocean game, even though I absolutely love the gameplay and the story), but I'll try to take some time to play through your demo later.