Author Topic: The Guardia Line  (Read 2322 times)

Eggith Cyrene

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
The Guardia Line
« on: June 16, 2005, 02:23:08 am »
Ok this has been bugging me ever since i first read the articles on the main site (almost a year ago). In them it states that the elder of earthbound village (i forget his name) is the first in the guardia line. But isnt it ayla and kino the first in the line? Isnt ayla a hugly distant ancestor of marle. Maybe thats when the line henceforth was known as "guardia" But it actualy started with ayala and kino. OR more correctly i guess you could say the begining of time. But ayla and kino were the first examples we see.

If this is true (which im preety sure there is and theres  evidence ingame-though not certain where) It underlines the history of guardia making it all the more symbolic. And Consequently the symbolisim when guardia falls all the more disturbing.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
The Guardia Line
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 02:35:24 am »
Especially considering that Ayla is the progenitor, when she's a female. That might lend itself to the Guardia Matriach idea.

Philosopher1701

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
The Guardia Line
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 04:30:32 pm »
Not to mention, Kino was found on Mystic Mountain, where many strange occurances were known to take place.

If there is something special about Kino, and he helped form the Guardia Line, then what other significance does his finding on Mystic Mountain have?

Also, we can't forget that Leah was Ayla's mother................

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
The Guardia Line
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 05:39:22 pm »
The Guardian Line would mean something like Line of Kings, as it would only apply to those after the Kingdom of Guardia was established.

Eggith Cyrene

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
The Guardia Line
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 02:28:09 am »
how is leah in CC ayla's mother? I dont believe thats mentioned anywhere in game? (not that Square bothered with charector backstory in CC but meh)

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
The Guardia Line
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 07:08:20 am »
Quote from: Eggith Cyrene
how is leah in CC ayla's mother? I dont believe thats mentioned anywhere in game? (not that Square bothered with charector backstory in CC but meh)

If I remember well she tells you she wnat to name her child Ayla

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
The Guardia Line
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 02:37:32 pm »
Quote from: DarkGizmo
Quote from: Eggith Cyrene

If I remember well she tells you she wnat to name her child Ayla

Yes, she says that if you get the good ending with her in your party. We don't know if she's really Ayla's mother or if she's just naming her child after the original Ayla though (like Luke Skywalker's son being named Ben Skywalker in Star Wars).

And even if she's Ayla's mother, we don't know if that Ayla is the one we see in Chrono Trigger or if she's from the Reptite Dimension or some other dimension (Leah is from Home World, she's nowhere to be seen in the normal Another World).

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
The Guardia Line
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2005, 04:32:14 pm »
This is a predicament, if we only knew Leah's situation in Trigger's events. I say that because Gaia's Navel is the only thing in El Nido that was around in Trigger before the groups involvement. If Leah was not in Gaia's Navel during Trigger's events then it would just be a case of coincidence, but if she was... man that is a tough one to explain. And then there is Kino. I want to say that Leah was unable to make it back herself, but somehow got pregnant and put Kino in the gate. But how she became pregnant, and found the gate, is a mystery.

Sentenal

• View Profile
The Guardia Line
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2005, 05:21:01 pm »
I don't think that Leah wanting to name her daugther Ayla is solid enough to say that she is Ayla's mother, thus making another plot hole.  I'll go with her wanting to name her daugther after CT's Ayla.

Salvadeiro

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
The Guardia Line
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2005, 12:20:53 am »
maybe she's Ayla's daughter put into a super cryoginic sleep....or....maybe not.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
The Guardia Line
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2005, 06:01:54 am »
Quote from: Sentenal
I don't think that Leah wanting to name her daugther Ayla is solid enough to say that she is Ayla's mother, thus making another plot hole.  I'll go with her wanting to name her daugther after CT's Ayla.

Another problem with Leah is her pendant. In the game it's a blue gem :
http://www.chronocompendium.com/images/wiki/e/e6/Leah.png

But in this artwork it's red, obviously a Red Rock/Dreamstone :
http://chrono.lunar-net.com/cc/cross/pics/artwork/index.shtml

It's pretty strange. It's possible that the scenarists had intended Leah to really be Ayla's mother and have a more important role (like Guile), but they scrapped the idea and just turned her red rock pendant into a random blue rock pendant. But then would they have forget to change her ending quote mentioning Ayla? and why wouldn't they just delete her pendant, instead of changing its color (even if it's blue, it's still a pretty big pendant that's hard not to see and wonder about).

...and if she's not Ayla's mother, how does she even know who the CT Ayla is?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
The Guardia Line
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2005, 06:17:24 am »
Agghh!!! Where did he get that pristine concept art!

Well, at least his site is dead, but now I have even more stuff to acquire.

Sentenal

• View Profile
The Guardia Line
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2005, 04:52:40 pm »
Well, maybe she came along after Ayla, and then time traveled to the future?  That would work.  Her time traveling to the past would create a loop, I think...

Maybe she did have a good bit of her story stripped, like Guile, and the text at the end was a homage to that.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
The Guardia Line
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2005, 09:04:16 pm »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
Agghh!!! Where did he get that pristine concept art!

Well, at least his site is dead, but now I have even more stuff to acquire.

I'll finish the book scans tommorrow, dont worry.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
The Guardia Line
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2005, 12:36:31 pm »
As for Leah being Ayla's mother...

I always thought it was something along the lines of the Sea of Eden.. or Dead Sea... the theory about how you're literally stepping 10,000 years into the future?  I always thought tht Gaia's Navel was jsut like that... you would just be stepping 65,000,000+ years into the past... which would explain how Leah could be Ayla's mother.

Of course you would have to show that the Time Crash affected other areas as well but ya know...