Author Topic: Feedback/Suggestions  (Read 9897 times)

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback/Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 01:21:51 am »
Is there a demo in the works?  8)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 06:11:38 pm »
by the way if you look at this image you should be able to get a good idea on the art style of all the Regiorra village houses, the look of the manor, the body of water off to the right, etc.

I always thought that looked a LOT like Truce, as far as the mansion being where Guardia castle is, and Regiorra dwellings being where Truce's buildings are, close to the Eastern shore. The world map could just be a slight edit of CT's "Present" map.

If you guys are still taking suggestions, mine is to retain the multiple ending feature. Not necessarily the specific ones from RD if you can't/don't want to, and not necessarily as many as in CT, but more than one ending would be nice and Chrono-ish.

Manco

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2010, 06:46:13 am »
The story won't be limited in Viper Manor, will it?
So I'm most curious in how the world map would be, such as where the Viper Manor is,  where is Regiorra...

As for the story itself, I want to see how and when Magil/Magus did the time travel, the true identity of Vera, and of course the fate of the trio after original RD ending, more or less.  :lol:

At the end of Radical Dreamers it says the ruins of Viper Manor are in Kitsune Forest to the north of Regiorra. Magus already knew how to open gates using magic when he attempted to summon Lavos in Chrono Trigger.

Vera is just an undercover military officer from Porre. Nothing special. Schala recovers her memory and Janus has his sister back. They are happy now. Serge goes home. The game is pretty much wrapped up.

From what I can say is this: The latter sounds more likely, and that Serge wasn't the most prominent member of the RD, at least from Porre's point of view. Perhaps only Magil and Kid were on the wanted list.

Yeah, he’s just a common thief with no magic. I doubt anyone had any interest in him.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 04:30:16 pm »
Any ideas of making the project OpenSource? That way many folks would be able to help out the project little bit at a time. At least I'd wanna.  :D Got a knack of helping projects without joining... when I'm bored that is.

Hayden

• Guardian (+100)
  • Shadow, Sonic and Tails are FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 06:02:52 pm »
What would you like to see in this game? Something to add, or maybe remove from the original Radical Dreamers? Any feature from Trigger or Cross, or another game? What about the the gameplay, the battle system, the music, etc?

This is your chance to let us know how you want this game to be!

Well i never played CC but i read some of the history on here,  you should put the scene where serge gets killed by a panther and Kid comes back to time to save him

Manco

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2010, 01:55:36 am »
Well i never played CC but i read some of the history on here,  you should put the scene where serge gets killed by a panther and Kid comes back to time to save him

The panther doesn't kill Serge and Kid doesn't travel back in time. Kid was already born. Schala created the storm to get them to Chronopolis so he could be healed. If that happened in Radical Dreamers then the whole plot would have to turn into Chrono Cross. Lynx is human and not Serge's father in this dimension.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 03:48:20 am by Manco »

idioticidioms

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2010, 04:39:02 am »
....uh....wtf. I played through CC a couple times and nowhere does it mention that Schala created the storm that got them to Chronopolis, nor that Lynx was Serge's father. o.O

And, for that matter, Serge is older than Kid by one year. Kid never saved Serge from the panther that killed him in the alternate dimension nor could she go back in time to do so because there isn't any time travel in CC whatsoever.

Manco

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2010, 07:31:25 am »
....uh....wtf. I played through CC a couple times and nowhere does it mention that Schala created the storm that got them to Chronopolis, nor that Lynx was Serge's father. o.O

And, for that matter, Serge is older than Kid by one year. Kid never saved Serge from the panther that killed him in the alternate dimension nor could she go back in time to do so because there isn't any time travel in CC whatsoever.

Maybe you weren't playing Chrono Cross. Maybe it was a different game.

Even says on wikipedia:
"Schala's storm nullified Chronopolis's defenses and allowed Serge to contact the Frozen Flame; approaching it healed Serge but corrupted his father."

Serge was never killed by a panther! Just fatally wounded. He drowned in Another World and was attacked by a panther in Home World. If he died in both worlds then how is he in this game? 2400 AD is in the Dead Sea so there is some time travel involved.

idioticidioms

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2010, 07:43:55 am »
Ok, so just because something is on Wikipedia makes it absolute fact? Where, in the game, does it state, ever, that Schala caused the storm.

and you're right, the panther attack caused his father Miguel to start out into the storm.

Manco

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2010, 08:30:57 am »
Ok, so just because something is on Wikipedia makes it absolute fact? Where, in the game, does it state, ever, that Schala caused the storm.

and you're right, the panther attack caused his father Miguel to start out into the storm.

Miguel isn't Serge's father. Where in the game does it say THAT? Wazuki is Serge's father.

idioticidioms

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2010, 09:02:03 am »
sorry again. Jesus. You're right. It was Wazuki. Thank you. Btw, making a mistake with names hardly compares to making a mistake in terms of what is actually in the game and what is not. @#%$ing dick.

If I had thought longer about it, I probably would have remembered that. The fact that I even said Miguel denotes that I was on the right track considering that Miguel and Wazuki were friends.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 09:05:26 am by idioticidioms »

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2010, 09:36:09 am »
Where, in the game, does it state, ever, that Schala caused the storm.

In the horse-choking infodump you get from the ghost children right before entering the DBT (which is also where you're told that Lynx is Wazuki):

Princess Schala traveled ten
   thousand years in time to try
   and make contact with this
   dimension!
   This caused a raging magnetic
   storm that resulted in FATE's
   system malfunction, which led
   Serge to the Frozen Flame.

idioticidioms

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2010, 09:53:09 am »
Ok. See, that's what I was looking for. It's so obscure that it's easy to pass over. I had the impression, from what was said here, that Schala caused it intentionally, and I definitely would have remembered that because they would have made a big deal about it.

I apologize for making a big deal out of this.