Author Topic: Feedback/Suggestions  (Read 9900 times)

DarioEMeloD

• Guardian (+100)
  • Ñ
    • View Profile
Feedback/Suggestions
« on: July 07, 2010, 10:45:56 pm »
What would you like to see in this game? Something to add, or maybe remove from the original Radical Dreamers? Any feature from Trigger or Cross, or another game? What about the the gameplay, the battle system, the music, etc?

This is your chance to let us know how you want this game to be!

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback/Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 11:32:39 pm »
The story won't be limited in Viper Manor, will it?
So I'm most curious in how the world map would be, such as where the Viper Manor is,  where is Regionna...

As for the story itself, I want to see how and when Magil/Magus did the time travel, the true identity of Vera, and of course the fate of the trio after original RD ending, more or less.  :lol:

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 11:37:54 pm »
For the battle system you should make a similar system as RD had. Every battle-type has it's own custom options, it's not always just 'attack-item-defend-run'. Instead, when you select attack it brings up a list of choices, just like in Radical Dreamers.  So 'attack' would actually be a submenu. You might end up selecting the wrong choice and get counterattacked, or you might select the right one deliver a 'deafening blow' to the goblin's head.

This would obviously take some time, even RD only had about 5 different types of battles (the blue demon imp, the griffon, the goblin(s), the skeleton). But it was kept nice and varied for the at least the first playthrough because you had to figure out which choices gave the best results.

It should be a seamless transition like CT, but turn-based like CC and RD. So an overhead battle system that seamlessly transcends from gameplay to battle just like CT, but a menu system like this:

chi_z

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 12:06:51 am »
Taking into account what utunnels has stated, you should start off the game with the opening cinematic
showing Magil making it to the proper time, a baby kid, then a '16 years later' type of thing. It
would go from Magil and baby kid, fade to black, show the '16 years later' then fade in with the next
scene being at a pub in Regiorra, with Serge there.

Serge would be playing an acoustic guitar. You'd have to make a custom sprite of serge with an acoustic
guitar, his arm would need to be animated as moving across the guitar neck to two different positions.
Perhaps a transition from point A to B every 2 seconds would seem decently realistic.
If you recall, far promise dream shore, the music box theme, when that's playing at the end scene at
the dream shore; Serge mentions that it was a song he once wrote many years ago. Well here at the bar,

Serge could be playing the same song just a nylon acoustic version instead of music box. I went ahead and made it: youtube.com/watch?v=Z3fXJxZsFEA
Somehow Kid and Serge strike up conversation, perhaps when Serge is done (the song is less than 1
minute anyways) the both of them are ordering a drink at the bar. For whatever reason Kid feels she
can trust Serge and mentions that she and Magil are heading to Snakebone Manor to get the frozen
flame.

When I first played CT, I thought that Magi's castle was going to be the final dungeon of the game.
Turns out that was only like half way thru it. Then with CC, I thought Fort Dragonia was the going to
be the final dungeon. Dead wrong again, not even halfway thru it yet. Now for RD, Snakebone Manor was
indeed the final (and only) dungeon. However you can continue from there. CC had Snakebone/Viper Manor
and the party encountered and fought with Lynx, but the story was really just developing and the game
had a while to go.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 12:18:56 am by chi_z »

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 12:14:15 am »
Quote from: chi_z
Every battle-type has it's own custom options, it's not always just 'attack-item-defend-run'. Instead,

Throw
    --> Throw What?

your kitchen knife
>your foul socks(haven't been washed for xxx days)
 a rotten egg
 the left hand of a goblin(you picked after a battle)

The left sock misses the goblin!
The right sock hits the goblin in the face!
The goblin is having trouble breathing...
The goblin is choked by the sock!

chi_z

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 12:17:17 am »
and you should have utunnels do the scripting and programming for the battle system lol! utunnels has encylopedic knowledge and formulas of the CC battle system, so he could make it pretty Chrono-authentic.

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 12:35:59 am »
Hmm, but seriously, I haven't tried RPGMaker much.  But isn't it natually capable for in-battle dialogues and choices? If so it would be perfect for RD.  :lol:

DarioEMeloD

• Guardian (+100)
  • Ñ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 01:39:38 am »
Well, that's very doable. In fact, the part where they enter the mansion (through the forest) is going to be playable. I don't know what are we gonna do after the battle with Lynx, but I guess we (with a little help from you) can think of something.

For the battles, we thought the Linear Motion System (like in 'Tales of') would fit perfectly to the "you're free to do whatever you want (well, sorta)" feeling of the original game's battles. Obviously we're going to do what we think that's best for the game and the fans, so there are still no decisions made.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 01:44:41 am by MisterDarius »

Sylvhem

• Iokan (+1)
  • I'm visitor of an another world.
    • View Profile
    • La Fin des temps
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 05:18:44 pm »
The story won't be limited in Viper Manor, will it?
So I'm most curious in how the world map would be, such as where the Viper Manor is,  where is Regionna...

As for the story itself, I want to see how and when Magil/Magus did the time travel, the true identity of Vera, and of course the fate of the trio after original RD ending, more or less.  :lol:
In the original Musa's project, the player can explore the village near the mansion. I don't know if this village is in the final version.

chi_z

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 12:00:38 am »
So RD ends by Serge splitting up with Magil and Kid. This game would continue on with Magil and Kid's adventure. Kid realized by the end of RD that she was Schala. Serge somewhere along the line rejoins with Kid and Magus (he'd be called Jaki/Janus by now just like CC). The trio comes across Belthesar some how, and Jaki/Janus is fully aware of who Bosschu/Belthesar is. And Belthesar recognizes that it's Janus all grown up. Unfortunately the cheery re-union doesn't last long. Belthesar let's Janus and friends know that the evil alien, Lavos, whom Janus knows about obviously, made a back up plan. Lavos is alive and well! Worse yet, he has fused with Sara/Schala! Forming the Time Devourer, which threatens to destroy not just planet Earth this time around, but ALL of creation!

The party and Belthesar decide to find a way to stop this from happening. Being an advanced society, Chronopolis, Belthesar is fully aware of the split dimensions, of other selves, etc. The gang hatches a plan on how they can stop the Time Devourer. They will use their other selves (Chrono Cross' Serge, Kid, and Magil the Magician), to do so. So Belthesar plants the infant clone of Kid in the forest by Lucca's place. As we saw in CT 99, this is where Lucca adopts Kid and we all know what happens later. The baby  clone Kid was transported via Time Machine to that exact location in order to set all the events in to place! The pendant, 'astral amulet', was wrapped around her neck and transported with her to Ashtear Island forest where Lucca found and raised her.

Then CC happens. This RD remake would end right as the baby clone Kid is transported to 1000~ AD Ashtear Island forest. Go to 2 minutes and 15 seconds in to this video to see what I am talking about:

youtube.com/watch?v=1unVcKWX4hk

So you could have Chronopolis in this game as well, it'd really tie ALL 3 games together, to where they could ALL fit rather nicely. Essentially, the game would indeed be a remake of RD, but it'd also be like Crimson Echoes. It ties the games together by adding stuff to it that square never did. CE tied CT to CC. This would tie RD to CC and everything else.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:09:08 am by chi_z »

chi_z

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 12:04:44 am »
by the way if you look at this image you should be able to get a good idea on the art style of all the Regiorra village houses, the look of the manor, the body of water off to the right, etc.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 02:09:15 am by chi_z »

Sylvhem

• Iokan (+1)
  • I'm visitor of an another world.
    • View Profile
    • La Fin des temps
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 12:24:08 pm »
Wooah ! There are many suggestions :shock: ! I read this topic and I write my answer.

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 09:42:06 pm »
BTW, as for the original RD ending, can anyone think a good enough reason why they split?
We know Kid says the Porre army are after her and Magil, if they find Serge alone, they will let him go.
Hmm, but don't you think that is just a careless suggestion? If the Porre army catch Serge, it is almost no doubt Vera will use him as a hostage!
Another alternative is they attract the attention of the enemy so that Serge has a chance to escape, but I'm not sure whether it is a good idea.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 04:11:42 am »
From what I can say is this: The latter sounds more likely, and that Serge wasn't the most prominent member of the RD, at least from Porre's point of view. Perhaps only Magil and Kid were on the wanted list.

F-546

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • Dondake Fansub
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2010, 08:18:24 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZD9uSflfes
just a proof of concept of the battle system