Author Topic: FanFest won't load on FireFox...why?  (Read 459 times)

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
FanFest won't load on FireFox...why?
« on: July 07, 2010, 01:53:30 pm »
First off, I'm sorry for posting this here, but there isn't actually a 'General Board' that I could tell, so here we are. It seemed less offensive than putting it in, say, the SPRINGTIME OF YOUTH or simultaneously sending this to everyone in the Compendium.

Now then, the Fangamer CT Fanfest won't for some reason, load in FireFox. This would not bother me that much, since I have IE...except for one thing: It worked the first time I went to check them out. I clicked the link and watched the first video in Firefox.
The next day? No dice. I get a HORRIBLE ERROR! message followed by a jumble of code. It's looong, so I won't bother pasting the whole thing here, but...

HORRIBLE ERROR!
undefined method `public_filename' for nil:NilClass
wrapper:

%header#ctfanfest
  .wrapper
    %h1
      %a{:href=>"http://fangamer.com/fanfest"} Chrono Trigger Fanfest
    %p The Chrono Trigger Fanfest is a Fangamer event where the community plays through the game togehter while creatively expressing their CT admiration. Join our live hosts as we play!
    %p.link1
      %a{:href=>"/forum/Games/ChronoTrigger"} CT Game Forum
    %p.link2
      %a{:href=>"/forum/Fangamer/CTFF2010"} Fanfest Forum
    .hosts
      -currentdate = Time.now.to_i
      -if currentdate < 1277881200
        %span.today June 29th's GPP: Beyond the Ruins
        %span.host
          Hosts:
          %a.member{:href=>"/members/PKEdobean"} Edobean
          &
          %a.member{:href=>"/members/Shimegami"} Izumi
        %span.tomorrow June 30th's GPP: The Factory Ruins
        %span.thost
[/b]
/usr/local/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.8/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:352:in `__send__'
/usr/local/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.8/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:352:in `main_loop'
/usr/local/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.8/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:196:in `start_synchronously'
/usr/local/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-2.2.8/bin/passenger-spawn-server:61

The whole thing is about three pages, though. Like I said, it wasn't doing this from the start, because if it was I wouldn't be complaining--I'd just grin and bear it and use IE (which I'm doing anyway, minus the grinning).

Does anyone else have this problem or know what it is?

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: FanFest won't load on FireFox...why?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 09:05:10 pm »
Hmm, maybe you can try to remove cookies?
It loads just fine in my firefox 3.6.6.