Author Topic: "No current plan for sequel"  (Read 13541 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
"No current plan for sequel"
« on: June 15, 2005, 06:40:06 pm »
If you've been around this site for awhile, you probably have found your way to our Chrono Break encyclopedia entry, which lists SquareEnix's answer on their FAQ about the Chrono series - "We're busy with other projects." A member of the CT:R forums (yes, people are still trying to resurrect Chrono Trigger Resurrection, with or without the team's support) recently wrote an e-mail to SquareEnix asking about the Chrono series. His response confirmed that the FAQ's answer still stands. Here it is:

Square Enix Customer Support

Dear Customer:

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We hope that this letter answers your questions.

Our parent company, SQUARE ENIX of Japan, has no current plans to create a sequel to that particular title at this time. This is not to say that it will never happen, it's just that their development teams are currently focusing on numerous other projects.

Thanks,
Square Enix Customer Support
www.square-enix.com

So COME ON, SE! Focus on the Chrono series already. Hah. Thanks to Reap for this update.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 07:08:34 pm »
Well, look at it this way:  They said that they won't not make a sequel...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 07:31:54 pm »
Could they ever say they won't ever make a sequal?

But, w/e, it seems as though I have neither lost nor gained hope...

MitchelHunt

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 10:26:46 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Could they ever say they won't ever make a sequal?

But, w/e, it seems as though I have neither lost nor gained hope...

same here. anyone wanna flood se with emails?

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 03:24:28 am »
send them millions of emails telling them to stop milking ff7 and make a chrono game :twisted:

but mabye we should wait until after advent children since se seems focused on that and the PS2 ff game after that they cant milk ff much more so they might make a chrono game

MitchelHunt

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 03:34:06 am »
Quote from: saridon
send them millions of emails telling them to stop milking ff7 and make a chrono game :twisted:

but mabye we should wait until after advent children since se seems focused on that and the PS2 ff game after that they cant milk ff much more so they might make a chrono game

good, no, GREAT point :roll:  :)

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 07:08:56 am »
I never liked much FF (I liked FF mystical Quest), I got bored at FF7 and I stop playing FF9 when someone told me the ending.

I didn't play the new one though, but it seems that they getting worst each time (from what I read) but people still by them all around the world because "maybe this one will be better than the other", so I sound pessimist but a Chrono sequel IMO will not happen before a while.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 10:23:23 am »
Quote from: DarkGizmo
I never liked much FF (I liked FF mystical Quest), I got bored at FF7 and I stop playing FF9 when someone told me the ending.

I didn't play the new one though, but it seems that they getting worst each time (from what I read) but people still by them all around the world because "maybe this one will be better than the other", so I sound pessimist but a Chrono sequel IMO will not happen before a while.

some of the recent FF;s have been good ff7 had a great story ff8 had a good system and story but was slow in parts ff9 was really good  good story the system wasn't the best se actually tried on that one ff10
here is the massive decline story repeditive for abo 70% of the game had a good system though X-2 milking ffX

the new one looks good since they got new people to work on it so ill expect alot from that  one.

but after that i dont expect much from ff to much i want more zelda games
they are acctually all good nintendos best series of games probally

Zizzlebop

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 05:30:12 pm »
It reminds me of the time Chrono Trigger got second place in the gamefaqs.com "Best Game Ever" contest and FF7 got first. FF7 is the bane of the chrono series.

LadyLife

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 05:34:32 pm »
Honestly, at reading the title of this thread, my hope has heightenned a little. I do hope to get enough done this summer that I can get a hold of them in September with an introduction, plot concept, and character profiles (with conceptual art ^_~). All I can do is hope, anyway. And work hard. That sounds like a plan, to me.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 07:17:33 pm »
I am not surprised. They will milk FF until the world ends, the only way another Chrono game is going to be made is if the dream team made a development company. Or if SE broke up, they do have too much on their hands, FF and Dragon Quest/Warrior.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2005, 02:05:43 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr
I am not surprised. They will milk FF until the world ends, the only way another Chrono game is going to be made is if the dream team made a development company. Or if SE broke up, they do have too much on their hands, FF and Dragon Quest/Warrior.

Perhaps the "development teams" which are busy aren't Square-Enix's but the former Dream Team members (which are all free-lance). Horii is focusing on DQVIII and Armor Project, Sakaguchi and Uematsu are focusing on Dragon Blue and Mistwalker and Smile Please, Kato is focusing on Xenosaga and Monolith Soft... It might be pretty hard for them to find the time for all of them to join in a common project with Square-Enix.

SilentMartyr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2005, 04:09:42 pm »
Quote from: Chrono'99
Quote from: SilentMartyr

Perhaps the "development teams" which are busy aren't Square-Enix's but the former Dream Team members (which are all free-lance). Horii is focusing on DQVIII and Armor Project, Sakaguchi and Uematsu are focusing on Dragon Blue and Mistwalker and Smile Please, Kato is focusing on Xenosaga and Monolith Soft... It might be pretty hard for them to find the time for all of them to join in a common project with Square-Enix.

Right, which is why I said they would have to make thier own dev comapny for it to have any chance.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2005, 04:46:09 pm »
Well, do try to avoid the attitude of those people at the CTR forums. They're...still concocting campaigns and plans to bring it back. Ludicrous and time wasting.

SilentMartyr

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2005, 04:48:36 pm »
Yea, I wish I had that much time to waste, jeez. I mean there is hoping, and then there is sheer inability to cope with reality.