Author Topic: A couple Chrono ideas  (Read 1014 times)

idioticidioms

A couple Chrono ideas
« on: June 11, 2010, 06:51:21 pm »
I've had a couple of ideas lately for Chrono Trigger related stuff, but lack the ability to do them, so I'll post the ideas here for someone else to use if they want.

1. Chrono Trigger 2D Side-Scroller. I'm curious to see how it would work, what would need to be cut out, added in, etc. But, I don't see why Square would have a problem with it seeing as how it's only a remake of Chrono Trigger and a remake to something deemed to be inferior to what they already have. They only seem to have a problem with stuff superior to theirs, so.... Anyway.

2. Chrono Trigger Facebook/Twitter/Whatever Updates. I was checking out the Current News and noticed someone mention Twitter and it reminded me of some meme's I've ran across for Facebook or Twitter where people create accounts named as certain people, like from the Civil War era or Lord of the Rings, for example, and post status updates that are like a parody of the actual characters. This could be something one person with a lot of free time could do, or many people could do it and have fun with it.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: A couple Chrono ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 07:40:54 pm »
Someone did a Magus sidescroller, actually! I tend to think Chrono Trigger's default sprite set would actually lend itself better to a top-down action game starring Frog, but maybe when Card Sagas Wars releases the sprites there would prove conducive to a sidescroller. Man, I wonder if anyone could interest the Card Sagas Wars team in such a project! It would be groovy...a 2D action sidescroller with, uh, time...mechanics...somehow.