Author Topic: Another e3, and another chance for new Chrono?  (Read 1118 times)

lockgar

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Another e3, and another chance for new Chrono?
« on: June 09, 2010, 01:42:32 pm »
I'm not hold my breathe, but its e3 time again. Maybe this is the year? Square is running out of franchises to milk :p . Thoughts?

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Another e3, and another chance for new Chrono?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 04:58:57 pm »
In the extremely unlikely event that something is in the works, they would not announce it this soon.  A project would have to pass a certain production milestone to warrant an official announcement.

Personally, my money is on 2015 - which would be the 20th anniversary of Chrono.  But honestly, even this late date is being optimistic.

Dice.

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Que Sera Sera
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 05:04:34 pm »
I'm optimistic only because they're running out of franchises - otherwise I don't think it's enough, and we'll be, once again, without another title.

I can't imagine what will be announced, actually.  I mean - I really hate all these titles going to DS, a safe (affordable) system that's nice and easy to make games on.  But, man, a nice big epic RPG title is what the gamers want.  You gotta spend money to make money; but we've seen quite a bit of crap lately in that department since RPGs are such a grandios, and risky venture.

I'm feeling a big bad for Square since they developed the terribly underwhelming Final Fantasy 13 after spending 4 years developing it (and to only be left with, granted, an amazing battle system).

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Hey, do you think we should go get some pies?
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 02:45:31 am »
Yeah, personally I can see Square Enix pulling some random new franchise out of their colossal arse. I'm thinking something along the lines of; 'Random half naked Ninja chick from the future who carries a sword of epic proportion, riding a giant robot dragon with a giant laser cannon on its head' (Yes, that was the title not a synopsis).

Don't worry guys, I'll be spending the rest of the year working on a Chrono-esque iPad game that I'll probably port to PC as well. Hmmm... Maybe I should use the word 'Chrono' in the title just to screw with Square Enix XD
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 02:47:02 am by RoxSilverFox »

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 09:36:11 am »
Don't worry guys, I'll be spending the rest of the year working on a Chrono-esque iPad game that I'll probably port to PC as well. Hmmm... Maybe I should use the word 'Chrono' in the title just to screw with Square Enix XD
XDDD Awesome idea, but you might get involved in lawsuits where you may be required to change the "Chrono" to "Kurono" (just like Chrno Crusade).

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Hey, do you think we should go get some pies?
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 10:45:11 am »
XDDD Awesome idea, but you might get involved in lawsuits where you may be required to change the "Chrono" to "Kurono" (just like Chrno Crusade).
Yeah, I was joking, wouldn't be very original using 'Chrono' in the title anyhow, I'm sure I'll come up with a clever title eventually.

ShinGundam

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 06:37:26 pm »
Square Enix's E3 2010 Line-Up :

Parasite Eve :The 3rd Birthday (PSP)
KINGDOM HEARTS :Birth by Sleep (PSP)
KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded (NDS)(port from mobile game)
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days (multi)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution(multi)
FRONT MISSION EVOLVED(multi)
DUNGEON SIEGE 3(multi)
FINAL FANTASY XIV (MMORPG)

Downloadable
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (multi)
Nechromachina(multi)(from the creator of Strider)
The Tales of Bearsworth Manor: Puzzling Pages (wiiware)
The Tales of Bearsworth Manor: Chaotic Conflicts(wiiware)

People expect a media blowout for Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Final Fantasy Agito XIII both were announced in 2006.

I'm feeling a big bad for Square since they developed the terribly underwhelming Final Fantasy 13 after spending 4 years developing it (and to only be left with, granted, an amazing battle system).
Not good example, It was originally for ps2, then they had to scrap it and start from scratch for PS3 then X360 for financial reasons  :?

So far nothing about Chrono simply because it is impossible to reunite "Dream team" unless fans want another Remake or Chrono Cross experience ):
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 07:59:38 pm by ShinGundam »