Author Topic: I noticed something about the Complete Chronology...  (Read 441 times)

SethTheMuse

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
I noticed something about the Complete Chronology...
« on: June 19, 2010, 01:13:46 am »
It says that the Dreamstone was taken with the Gate Key. But I was playing the DS version of Chrono Trigger today and noted that the Dreamstone was still in my inventory...would have to replay the SNES version, but I think the Dreamstone was still in the inventory there, as well.

Short of that, I feel oddly compelled to re-read the Chronology several more times...I rather like reading through the articles and such here. It really is too bad about Crimson Echoes, though...I wish they had allowed it's completion. At any rate, I've been on a rather Chrono Trigger binge lately, so this site is a godsend. :lol:

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: I noticed something about the Complete Chronology...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 02:28:18 am »
Thanks. That document's undergone so many revisions that a few details often get uncorrected. It was one of the most exciting works, putting together that thing...

SethTheMuse

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: I noticed something about the Complete Chronology...
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 02:54:18 am »
Considering how many different ways that you could look at things in the Chrono series, it makes sense that it was revised a lot. Especially when you look at how confusing Chrono Cross was without Chrono Trigger and some form of backtracking, rethinking and theorizing. I personally love reading this kind of thing, so I'll just keep doing so until I either have it memorized or my roommate does because of how often I mention it. :oops:

I hadn't finished Chrono Trigger when I got Chrono Cross, oddly enough...I had only rented Chrono Trigger until then, and it's hard to play through when you've got very little time and people kept overwriting your save files--or you got the wrong copy that the video store had. I believe I had managed to get to the initial Magus battle and no further. Needless to say, I was confused as all getout on Chrono Cross and wondered what the heck I'd missed in the rest of Chrono Trigger. Even after I'd gotten to finish both, it took a while before I could see connections. The fact that there's a compilation of both games' timelines, along with ideas on how things would tie together, makes me want to do a happy dance and break out the PSOne for Chrono Cross. Once, of course, I've finished Chrono Trigger again.

I'll likely be here for a while...doing my lurking thing, praying for a new Chrono game and spending time coming up with theories of my own, but here I shall be, regardless.