Author Topic: UPDATE #2! Chrono Break - Storyboard, Story, and SPOILERS (last pg)  (Read 17047 times)

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE! Chrono Break - Logo, Characters, Exerpt, and Story! [w/pics!]
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 05:32:04 am »
You are really talented.

Dice.

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Que Sera Sera
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh.
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 07:01:27 pm »
I'm wondering whether or not to think up more story....  I kinda like picture-storybooking.  =D
Thanks for all the comments nonetheless. =)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 07:29:10 pm »
I'm rather curious to find out if there's any meaning to that scar, tattoo, or other marking that just barely peaks out from Leon's jacket collar.

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 08:00:36 pm »
my god sir. You could be doing the characters for CB, you oughta get a hold of Kato!

Dice.

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Que Sera Sera
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 08:32:59 pm »
my god sir. You could be doing the characters for CB, you oughta get a hold of Kato!

Kato?

Quote from: fausty
I'm rather curious to find out if there's any meaning to that scar, tattoo, or other marking that just barely peaks out from Leon's jacket collar.

Mwahahahahaahahahaha the mystery!!!  The unplanned mystery!!!!!!
I'd say I wanna make an RPGMaker game, given my strong interest in Chrono and games and RPGs and all that what not.... but it seems these projects *never* finish and usually spiral into what can only be described as a beautiful star near the end of its life, exploding in on itself....  :picardno

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 10:00:16 pm »
he's the guy that writes the main scenarios of the chrono games. 'masato kato'. he also went by 'runmal' back in the ninja gaiden days.

Dice.

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Que Sera Sera
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 05:53:08 pm »
he's the guy that writes the main scenarios of the chrono games. 'masato kato'. he also went by 'runmal' back in the ninja gaiden days.

Ah of course.

Actually; I do have a little speech/proposition.  I'm not really to active in this community- I don't really know people here and it's not easy establishing a place on a forum... However; I enjoy creative work very much.  I'd be flattered if anyone had fanart ideas or needed some visuals for their ideas/work.  It was fun working with Chrono Crisis for the new character art when I did.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2010, 07:48:33 pm »
Oh snap! Dice, you did this! I'd forgotten already.

I wouldn't rule out a stint or two in professional game development if it appeals to you, and the same goes for other artists here. It seems the iPhone market is easiest to break into right now, and the range of games being created for that platform is much more impressive than those unfamiliar with the iPhone might otherwise give it credit for. Currently this forum seems to lie at the very center of the market, and there's a subforum where people can offer services. Aspiring game developers and iPhone journalists are watching the place like sharks, waiting to snap up talent. Or at least, that's the impression I have. The downside to the iPhone market is that nobody's really making any money aside from a few blockbuster titles. But the projects you might find there are at least more structured than your typical fan project due to the profit motive, such as it is.

On the interactive fan project side, my sense is most people have been dabbling in SNES-era things and thus the need for pixel art dwarfs the need for hand-drawn art in many existing game projects. I suspect tushantin's probably dying for more assistance in his animation project. Looks like you're already well connected to Lena Andreia's group too.

Also, your presentation really gave me the feeling you'd be well suited to producing a visual novel. I really got vibes of one scene in Battle Angel Alita when I read through that. Seems like the kind of medium that would give you assured control over the scenario as well as the art, and there are a few places that cater to artists trying to make their mark in that arena.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 08:00:51 pm by FaustWolf »

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2010, 11:50:16 am »
I would actually be interested in developing this version of Chrono Break some day. I'd love to have you on board as an artist and story writer.

Dice.

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Que Sera Sera
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2010, 05:01:39 pm »
I would actually be interested in developing this version of Chrono Break some day. I'd love to have you on board as an artist and story writer.

:D

Lance VII

• Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2010, 05:21:57 pm »
What would you have in mind for a battle system?

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2010, 07:29:15 am »

Ah of course.

Actually; I do have a little speech/proposition.  I'm not really to active in this community- I don't really know people here and it's not easy establishing a place on a forum... However; I enjoy creative work very much.  I'd be flattered if anyone had fanart ideas or needed some visuals for their ideas/work.  It was fun working with Chrono Crisis for the new character art when I did.

Dice, I would be very interested in recruiting your artistic talents in the coming weeks.  I'm close to releasing the opening chapters of my new fan-fic, and I have long been curious how the words on those pages might translate into pictures.  It looks at the world of Chrono in a slightly different way, technologically speaking.

Dice.

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Que Sera Sera
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2010, 05:41:08 pm »
Sorry for lack of reply - I was away vacationing (hence my only reply was a simple "=D" done on my phone's shitty 3G).

Lance
What would you have in mind for a battle system?
If I'm drawing - I don't really know I apply to this... but anyways.  Umm, I've always been fond of the FFV skill based battle system.  It's hard to do something really complex, and I thought that system was extraordinarily effective for a system so simple.

Lennis
I'd totally be interested.

I'm on MSN.  broken_halo963@hotmail.com (gay, I know, back from highschool days).
Gimme a buzz on that if you'd like.

Lance VII

• Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2010, 12:11:21 pm »
That kind of battle system is very possible. I'll get into contact with you at a later time. I still have to finish Chrono Trigger 2.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2010, 08:30:15 am »
This is cool. It's pretty much a storyboard! I'd definitely like to see more.