Author Topic: Gaea's Navel and its history  (Read 1613 times)

testing123

• Bounty Hunter
  • Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Gaea's Navel and its history
« on: October 03, 2010, 08:26:20 am »
Is there any specific proof that Gaea's Navel existed BEFORE Chronopolis arrived?

I realize it's often taken for granted that it existed before El Nido was created.

However, is that actually stated in game? The map in Chronopolis that shows El Nido's unchanged state already has Chronopolis in it. Meaning it's post time crash.

Is it possible Gaea's Navel was brought there at the same time Chronopolis was?

Perhaps it was brought there with Dinopolis?

On a similar note, other than the Dragon and Leah, is there any other difference with Another's Gaea's Navel?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 08:34:38 am by testing123 »

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Gaea's Navel and its history
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 10:22:06 am »
No, it is not stated in game. But I don't think there's any evidence it arived with Dinopolis.
It has a lot of primitive creatures, but we don't see any Reptite nor Dragonian. The Green Dragon is a special case, but  it was placed there by Fate.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 10:26:38 am by utunnels »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 12:23:30 pm »
No, I don't think it arrived with Dinopolis. When we get to see an image of Dinopolis back in the Reptite Dimension, it's not shown floating over water. And if Gaea's Navel happened to be land that got warped as well, it would have a different shape, it would be more wider, not to mention located below Dinopolis/Sky Dragon Island, but it's not.

About existing before Chronopolis, I think it's not a direct saying, but more like implied with Leah and the tribe she comes from. I think it's stated somewhere about them being humans that because of their isolation in Gaea's Navel they didn't got into the whole 'affected by the Frozen Flame' deal.

Besides, even if Chronopolis were in the past map, but in fact, the guy that explains the terraforming process changing to the past map while talking about how El Nido was back then, meaning that while Chronopolis is already there, it's still pre-terraforming.

And about Another Gaea's Navel, not much. Perhaps different treasure in the chests, but nothing else that I know of.

testing123

• Bounty Hunter
  • Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 10:40:18 pm »
Actually, I read over the script. There's nothing that specifically says Gaea's Navel was there before Chronopolis. There's a comment that it's a place "untouched by human hands" and so forth, but nothing specifically saying it wasn't there.

It's interesting because in the past map, you can see Chronopolis and Gaea's Navel, but no Dinopolis. Seems a bit odd that Dinopolis, which theoretically was brought there at the same time by the planet, isn't there yet.

Just something to ponder, as every discussion about Gaea's Navel makes the assumption it wasn't there before Chronopolis but there's never been a specific statement.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 10:58:23 pm »
It's interesting because in the past map, you can see Chronopolis and Gaea's Navel, but no Dinopolis. Seems a bit odd that Dinopolis, which theoretically was brought there at the same time by the planet, isn't there yet.
Yeah, it is strange.
But the Dinopolis could be high in the sky at that time, if the map only 'displays' ground terrain.

Just a thought.