Author Topic: Marle CTM Concept Art  (Read 3305 times)

MitchelHunt

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Marle CTM Concept Art
« on: June 14, 2005, 06:03:29 am »
I think this one is alot better than my crono concepts  :roll:

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Marle CTM Concept Art
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 09:46:18 pm »
Again, interesting take on the character and style.

Aitrus

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Marle CTM Concept Art
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 12:31:20 am »
I like it.  My only complaint, however, is with the eyes.  The squared eyes make her seem like she's almost glaring.  Marle is a much warmer character than that.  Try rounding them more, sort of like Kid's eyes from CC.

MitchelHunt

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Marle CTM Concept Art
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 02:34:07 am »
will do :wink:

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
Marle CTM Concept Art
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 03:59:21 am »
it seems a very american style of anime.
for one fix the eyes and add some light reflection to them also why are the lines around the edge of the character so damn thick and draw the pictures larger than what they should be so you can easily add more colour shades then resize the image, and have the face curve in then out a slight amount since you should take bone structure into account.

no offence but i can't really see a ct movie with that kind of artwork .

but for a fourteen year old (you are fouteen arnt you?) it looks preety good im only fourteen and im not that good sincei screw up so much.

finally how long have you been watching anime i assume you watch it since watching from a early age helps alot.

MitchelHunt

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Marle CTM Concept Art
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 05:50:03 am »
Quote from: saridon
it seems a very american style of anime.
for one fix the eyes and add some light reflection to them also why are the lines around the edge of the character so damn thick and draw the pictures larger than what they should be so you can easily add more colour shades then resize the image, and have the face curve in then out a slight amount since you should take bone structure into account.

no offence but i can't really see a ct movie with that kind of artwork .

but for a fourteen year old (you are fouteen arnt you?) it looks preety good im only fourteen and im not that good sincei screw up so much.

finally how long have you been watching anime i assume you watch it since watching from a early age helps alot.

watching it since i was 3 ;) the first anime i ever saw was little nemo. (just letting you know)

thanks for you critique, and actually, im 13. the lineart isn't going to be thick in the movie. i just feel like putting thick lineart around the character when i didn't draw a bg, because then i feel like i haven't completed it.

ill take what you said into consideration, and in fact, i am in america, therefore american anime just comes out :P. in my opinion my anime is better than any american anime I'VE ever seen, because I HATE american anime so much. (no offense to anyone, just that i love japan alot ;))

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
Marle CTM Concept Art
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 09:05:54 am »
you watched anime since you were three! wow i started watching letsee when i was 7 and was watching stuff like evangelion (subbed and uncut) at 8.

but for 13 your quite good at drawing anime and besides the things i listed before it looks quite good just in need of a few touch ups.

oh and are you using a tablet for drawing? if so i guess your drawing is better on paper since those things are damn hard to draw with

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Marle CTM Concept Art
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 02:49:32 pm »
The eyes again, the color is too big, again. Again. :)

MitchelHunt

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Marle CTM Concept Art
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 03:35:29 pm »
you watched anime since you were three! wow i started watching letsee when i was 7 and was watching stuff like evangelion (subbed and uncut) at 8.

but for 13 your quite good at drawing anime and besides the things i listed before it looks quite good just in need of a few touch ups.

oh and are you using a tablet for drawing? if so i guess your drawing is better on paper since those things are damn hard to draw with

yeah im using a tablet. lol. i would just draw it on paper but i still haven't found a good enough scanner to maker the coloring smooth when i scan. whenever i DO scan, the coloring gets all screwed up with white dots :x

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
Marle CTM Concept Art
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 03:16:35 am »
Quote from: MitchelHunt

yeah im using a tablet. lol. i would just draw it on paper but i still haven't found a good enough scanner to maker the coloring smooth when i scan. whenever i DO scan, the coloring gets all screwed up with white dots :x

you could try just drawing outlines and shading then scaning it with a good scanner so you dont have trouble with dots on colour and then colouring it with photoshop or somthing.

or just buy a really expensive scanner

MitchelHunt

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Marle CTM Concept Art
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 03:33:14 am »
Quote from: MitchelHunt

you could try just drawing outlines and shading then scaning it with a good scanner so you dont have trouble with dots on colour and then colouring it with photoshop or somthing.

or just buy a really expensive scanner

yeah ive looked through a few scanners and all do the same thing :? i might try coloring it on photoshop...

DUDE71

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Marle CTM Concept Art
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2006, 12:27:26 am »
Looks sweet, but there hasn't been anything on this thread forever! What's going on :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:

MitchelHunt

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Marle CTM Concept Art
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2006, 10:01:28 pm »
Quote from: DUDE71
Looks sweet, but there hasn't been anything on this thread forever! What's going on :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:

hehe. yeah, the chrono movie project went dead for a long time, but now its back up and more alive than ever, but nothing will be released to the public for a while.

Princess Marle

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Marle CTM Concept Art
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2006, 02:19:29 am »
I like it...Though she does look kind of Evil... :twisted:

Ramsus

Marle CTM Concept Art
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2006, 03:53:04 am »
Unless you have a really nice set of markers or you're working on a large painting, color digitally. There aren't a lot of physical media that allow you to create quality colors that scan well. In other words, don't blame the scanner if you're scanning colored pencils and expecting it to look like something a pro did with copic markers. A quality scan from a $2000 scanner will still look about the same as that from a decent $30 scanner. (Also, a good set of markers can easily cost several hundred bucks...)

If you decide to scan lineart, avoid pencil lineart. You'll almost always want to ink, either using nib pens or pigment liners. If you want to do a more cartoonish or American style, you can also use a brush. Erase your pencil art and scan grayscale (300 dpi), then do a levels adjustment so your whites are white, your blacks are black, and the contrast is strong.

Finally, drawing with just a tablet and Photoshop isn't hard, even when you have a tiny Graphire. You have to approach it differently though. Instead of doing lots of sketches, a final draft, and inking, you explore the possibilities -- making as many small or radical changes as much as you want, until it's perfect.

For example, you can start drawing a person by creating a throw-away layer that you use to experiment with different postures, lower the opacity, then create a new layer on top of it and draw the form on top of the figure. (Note -- This helps prevent the stiff, unnatural figures you end up with when you focus on drawing the details, say from top to bottom. If you aren't doing this, then start.)

Zoom in and out, or flip the image horizontally if you need some perspective. Taking breaks is another good, but more time-consuming alternative.

When you have a dynamic figure that expresses the feeling or idea that you had in mind, then you can draw your final version on top of that.

And be sure to experiment with different brush settings and sizes. Depending on your drawing style and process, you might consider giving Corel Painter or OpenCanvas a try.