Author Topic: Chrono Break - The Conceptual Soundtrack  (Read 11126 times)

Jormungand

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Break - The Conceptual Soundtrack
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 11:03:21 am »
Well, I found a way around the problem for now. Please see the first post for two brand new links to the .zip file--since I am using free space providers, I am not sure how long they will remain online.

Thanks for your patience, everyone! And remember, if you like what you hear, the sources of the music can be found in the mp3 tags. Pretty much all albums sampled are available across multiple retailers. If you are having trouble finding one, I will gladly help you out. I purchased most through CDJapan.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 02:24:10 pm »
This was great! So glad I you got to share it with us (again)!

I have two questions...

1.) Did you have a storyline that went with this concept? If so, I'm very curious!
2.) I was wondering if there was a possibility of releasing a key that explains the game each song came from. I'd love to track some of this stuff down, but I don't have the capacity to obtain all of Mitsuda's work.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 03:15:09 pm »
Yes! Yes! Yes! Jormungand, that is awesome!

Jormungand

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 09:22:34 pm »
Glad you both enjoyed it. :)

1.) Did you have a storyline that went with this concept? If so, I'm very curious!
I have a rough scenario outline and a main cast loosely established. I'd be happy to share if you're interested, but it's incomplete.

2.) I was wondering if there was a possibility of releasing a key that explains the game each song came from. I'd love to track some of this stuff down, but I don't have the capacity to obtain all of Mitsuda's work.
If you look into the mp3's info tags, the 'comments' section lists the source of each track. Two tracks come from a game rip, as the game, Monster Hunter: Jewel Summoner, never had an official soundtrack release. Most of the other albums are still in print via Mitsuda's Sleigh Bells label; others can be found at online retailers. Otherwise, I bet all of the tracks here have been uploaded to youtube at least once!

I can pretty much recommend all of them. If you're short on cash and can only manage a few albums at a time, KiRite (http://vgmdb.net/album/2587) and Tsugunai: Atonement (http://vgmdb.net/album/2011) are at the top of my list. If you liked Chrono Cross' music, you'll like these. Shadow Hearts II (http://vgmdb.net/album/889) also comes strongly recommended, even though Mitsuda did only 5 tracks... 4 of which are among his most exceptional work.

Iyellalot

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 07:44:17 pm »
I seem to have accidentally deleted the folder containing the soundtrack while clearing up some space on my laptop.

Anyone still got a copy of this?

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2011, 01:38:43 pm »
I'd be interesting in hearing as well.

Also I must comment on the 140,000,000 BC thing, mainly being that...there's not going to be anything around at that point other than Reptites, IF THAT. (I thought it was rather implausible enough to have humanity stretching for 65 million years. If it pushed back to 140 million my ability to take the story seriously would be damaged, to say the least.)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 05:31:11 pm »
Well, there's always

PREHUMANS

Jormungand

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 09:44:47 pm »
Also I must comment on the 140,000,000 BC thing, mainly being that...there's not going to be anything around at that point other than Reptites, IF THAT. (I thought it was rather implausible enough to have humanity stretching for 65 million years.
Who said anything about there being humans during this time? :) Anyway, the Chronoverse uses 65 Ma because that's about when the K-T extinction event took place on Earth; in other words, the era was selected on purpose. Naturally, life existed loooong before that. In terms of terrestrial biology, that particular period was rife with diverse plant and animal species. So, 140 Ma isn't that much of a stretch at all, especially when you consider that, in the Chronoverse, 65 Ma had anatomically modern humans, whereas at that time on Earth we barely had proto-mammals.

I did have a story outline for my Chrono Break--perhaps I'll compile what I've got and post. I'll also try and get a .zip of the soundtrack reuploaded.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 10:48:25 pm »
Fair enough. I'm just saying, it seems kinda weird, is all. There is some FUNKY evolution going on on the Chrono planet, that's for sure.