Author Topic: Welcome to Dream Splash IV!  (Read 22631 times)

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
Re: Welcome to Dream Splash III!
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 11:55:51 am »

3. Something specifically for Radical Dreamers, the underdog of the series.

This year is the 15th anniversary of RD, it would make sense to give it some attention  :D

-1999AD, what was happening just before the day of Lavos, or just after? since it's the only era we're unnable to explore, I think it has some unexploited potential.

-Non-humans. Focusing in the non-human races: Mystics, robots, demi-humans...

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 03:49:31 pm »
Yeah, it looks like we've had Dream Splash!es about Zeal (covering Chrono Trigger); El Nido (covering Chrono Cross); and even Chrono Break. But not as much love for RD yet.

We'll have to see how far along utunnels' text adventure game engine is, and how easy the alternatives are to handle (Ren'Py, for example). The community is definitely strong in the visual arts, so if we have a way to string text and imagery together, I was thinking we might be able to re-create a scenes from RD. Or perhaps provide illustrations for under-illustrated scenes?

The only thing I'd worry about is leaving writers out, since it seems the Demiforce text would be the optimal choice over re-translating (unless there's interest in that?). I imagine there's some burning questions in RD that invite themselves to expansion though.

Rayved

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 11:06:28 pm »
How about the daily life of the characters? Something like "A day at Lucca's laboratory"

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011, 12:19:29 am »
Four, four four, oh my GOD, four. I've always loved the idea of exploring Lavos's origin, to the point that the next game, should there be one, should be about just that.