Author Topic: Looking for a fan-made sprite?  (Read 1124 times)

Nangbaby

• Porrean (+50)
  • Frankenspriter at Large
    • View Profile
Looking for a fan-made sprite?
« on: April 23, 2010, 02:54:55 pm »
I'm not sure if this is the right forum, or if it's even okay to ask, but I'm going to throw the question out there anyway.

I love the sprite work in Chrono Trigger, and I love looking at (and at times attempting to make) fan sprites.  Years ago, I came across an edit of Crono as Super Saiya-jin Goku from Dragonball Z, and it even had Goku's hair "pulsating" as an animated gif effect.  However, I foolishly never saved the file, and it seems to have been sent into the DBT.

Does anyone either have this file or at least know what image I'm talking about?

DarioEMeloD

• Guardian (+100)
  • Ñ
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a fan-made sprite?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 05:18:52 pm »
This one?

Couldn't find it here =P

F-546

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • Dondake Fansub
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 06:11:10 pm »

Nangbaby

• Porrean (+50)
  • Frankenspriter at Large
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 01:31:44 pm »
Thanks both of you, but no, neither of the those sprites were what I was looking for (although the second is closer than the first).  It's still good work, so I appreciate both the original editors for making them and you two for finding them.

I probably used the wrong words in my description, as it didn't have the Super Saiya-jin aura, but the hair itself brightened and dimmed to give that effect.  I can see it so well in my mind, but I'm not a good enough editor to recreate it.  It was just the normal Crono standing pose (facing forward), no weapon drawn.

Edit:  It looked sort of like this bad recolor, but obviously, more colors than the 12 color palette (and better done).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 01:33:56 am by Nangbaby »