Author Topic: Big Surprise From Square Enix?  (Read 6355 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Big Surprise From Square Enix?
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2010, 10:40:07 pm »
Just a little more news on this -- we're not only going to be "shocked," we'll actually have our socks blown off!

If it's not Chrono or Xeno related, I'm going to feel so...not sock-blown. We'll have to keep a close eye on E3 and TGS developments this year. Again, the "teaser tweet" is coming from SE's US office. What could it possibly be?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 10:56:47 pm by FaustWolf »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2010, 12:30:02 am »
An "unlikely developer"? C'mon Square-Enix vs Capcom! lol...But with Square's weird acquisitions of other companies in the past few years I'm not sure who I think IS an unlikely developer for them to collaborate with...except...maybe...Activision? >_>

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2010, 12:52:05 am »
Come on, Koei/Temco!

*gets shot*

>_<

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2010, 01:44:15 pm »

*Sigh* Yet another hinting game brought to you by the demon spawn good folks at Squeenix. 

I'll say this, though: if it's anything other than Xeno or Chrono work, my socks are staying on my feet... unless I'm wearing sandals.

Phillies64

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2010, 02:41:32 pm »

*Sigh* Yet another hinting game brought to you by the demon spawn good folks at Squeenix. 

I'll say this, though: if it's anything other than Xeno or Chrono work, my socks are staying on my feet... unless I'm wearing sandals.

Don't get your hopes up.

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2010, 03:37:48 pm »

Don't get your hopes up.

I'm gonna!!!

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2010, 05:13:03 pm »
February 15: Square Enix is working on a secret project that will REALLY shock the masses! It comes next month. Keep your eyes peeled!

March 15: This is the time Square Enix FINALLY reveals its secret shocking project, and it's.... FINAL TELETUBBIES FANTASY XXVI!

Me: Okay, Teletubbies? Why am I not surprised?

But yeah, Chrono ain't gonna be Chrono without Kato and Mitsuda. I don't mind Tetsuya Nomura as the artist, but I refuse to acknowledge Chrono without Kato and Mitsuda.

ShoeMagus

• Guardian (+100)
  • "We are...the dreamers of Dreams."
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2010, 02:09:29 am »
Sadly, though I agree with tushantin's sentiment, I would still probably jump at anything remotely Chrono-related.

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2010, 11:26:58 pm »
Knowing them with how they've screwed us in the past, this won't be Chrono-related.

And it might not be an RPG, either, unless they're redesigning the Front Mission universe.

I'm not getting my hopes up for it being related to anything I love from S-E, and personally looking forward to whatever this game is that it'll be something involving the steampunk genre.

ShinGundam

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2010, 08:09:41 am »
Just a little more news on this -- we're not only going to be "shocked," we'll actually have our socks blown off!

If it's not Chrono or Xeno related, I'm going to feel so...not sock-blown. We'll have to keep a close eye on E3 and TGS developments this year. Again, the "teaser tweet" is coming from SE's US office. What could it possibly be?
Project X is from GPG  :?
For those unaware, “SE and GPG” refers to the collaboration between Square Enix and Gas Powered Games on development of Xbox 360 and PC’s Supreme Commander 2

But yeah, Chrono ain't gonna be Chrono without Kato and Mitsuda. I don't mind Tetsuya Nomura as the artist, but I refuse to acknowledge Chrono without Kato and Mitsuda.
Did he worked on Chrono related before ? If so he might revive it, Nomura was reponsible on making Parasite Eve 3 as PSP game rather than
mobile mini game and he was responsible on reviving Square Osaka team after they got fired.

prism

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://wonderinaliceland.deviantart.com/
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2010, 07:11:48 pm »
Project X, how sinister.  I'm not sure pairing with an "unlikely developer" bodes well...  I'm sure it's a far cry from Square♥Disney, but I can't help but wonder if it won't fall into the Tatsunoko VS Capcom vortex of inexplicability. 

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Chrono Trigger remade.  I love SNES sprites more than anything else, but it's always nice to see new interpretations.

My money is on Donkey Kong RPG.

ZealKnight

• Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2010, 08:57:50 pm »
It won't be Chrono related because they don't use publicity for it. They would never say HUGE SURPRISE COMING for a Chrono Game. For CT:DS it was all of the sudden on the site, nothing said about it either. It was just there. Xeno is possible but extremely unlikely. It's not a series or franchise, just one game. Xenosaga is said to not be Canon by SE (but who are they kidding). It's possible with Capcom's 2D fighter comeback that SE vs Capcom, but at the same time come on they JUST announced MvC3. It could be a new Super smash Bros with Geno? Maybe Tecmo ("because they shot us down no one would suspect it! ZOMG!!!" stupid SE) Maybe Ubisoft to do that Action game based in Ivalice. Let you be warned, Square Enix hates us. So nothing good will happen!

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2010, 10:24:54 pm »
I doubt the "big surprise" will be Xeno related, seeing how Xenoblade is already in the works (due for release next month actually, in Japan). I'm sure we all hope it's a new Chrono game, but if not, we'll keep trying to win SE's attention and approval and show them that this is not a dead franchise.

I kinda hope it's something new all together.

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • http://clovis15.deviantart.com
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2010, 08:26:44 pm »
Whatever their 'suprise' is, I just hope they aren't passing off as a SaGa game as a good thing people should be suprised about.

ZealKnight

• Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2010, 11:36:51 pm »
Hahaha, Clovis got it! It's a new SaGa game, and I bet you it's going to be a western RPG. L :O L