Author Topic: Heartglitch! Has anybody heard this remix before?!  (Read 761 times)

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Heartglitch! Has anybody heard this remix before?!
« on: April 13, 2010, 07:18:12 am »
Check out the preview of track three on this album:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0022Y8B4Y/

I downloaded it.  It is fantastically tripped out in so many ways.  The distorted speech of the female in the beginning finishes out the track as well, and her sporadic lament follows you throughout the track, with the addition of some very beautiful distorted melodic and sustained vocals in the middle of the track.  The melancholy and anxious tone is maintained throughout.  The strangest thing about it, I suppose, comes with trying to actually imagine it within the context of the Chrono story...

All in all, I highly recommend you download it out if you can.  Also, can anyone pick out other VG remixes that I failed to recognize on this album?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Heartglitch! Has anybody heard this remix before?!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 10:47:59 am »
I read this topic title and thought to myself "Uboa's such a geek!," thinking that "heartglitch" was geekese for "my heart skipped a beat (with excitement)."

You're still a geek, though, for making a thread about a video game music song.

And for having a userpic of a Chozo statue holding a Super Missile. ^_^

Going by the previews, I'm afraid I can't help you with the other tracks. Most of them don't really get started within the preview time limit (a big complaint of mine with always previewing from the beginning of songs rather than from their thematic or melodic highlights).

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 03:27:35 pm »
Are these all CT Remixes? "Heartglitch" is clear, although the only thing I recognize is the melody of Crono & Marle's theme. Sometimes Yasunori Mitsuda has been known to use, er, "open source" sound samples. I was surprised to hear something freakishly close to his "Song of Nephilim" from Xenosaga on an oil or other chemical commercial a couple years back.

Man, sometimes it takes all my willpower to keep myself from throwing a Mitsuda Appreciation Party (MAP) on the forum, a giant thread with links to every single piece of music he's ever done.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:31:01 pm by FaustWolf »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 05:50:41 pm »
Thank you kind sir; I accept your offer to create a thread linking to every piece of music that Mitsuda has ever written.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 06:00:45 pm »
Then we can throw a true MAP! If you actually do this, I think we should make a celebratory Compendium event out of it. We could link it to a wider appreciation for the Dream Team perhaps, as V_Translanka was suggesting earlier. I'll bring the Ninja Gaiden footage! We can collect stories about how the artists involved in Chrono Trigger's and Chrono Cross' creation influenced us over the years.

Actually, that wouldn't be a bad time to pop out an interview with Masato Kato...maybe we should try this.

I move that the event be called the DTAP. "Dream Team Appreciation Party." Unfortunately scheduling it for D-Day 2010 (June 6) won't be possible since that's probably too close to organize effectively, but perhaps on some release date anniversary.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 06:07:55 pm by FaustWolf »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 06:19:55 pm »
Heh. You misunderstood me, kind sir. I accept your offer for you to create a thread linking to every piece of music that Mitsuda has ever written.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 06:36:32 pm »
...oh!

Well! You're welcome to take it off my plate, should it interest you. :D Otherwise, I guess I'll have to get cracking on his later albums if it looks like the DTAP could become a reality. Anything post-Xenosaga I'm ridiculously unfamiliar with currently. I may have to check in with radicalpan, not to mention Wikipedia.

As for the task of listing every single one of his works, the main challenge would be separating his work from the work of other composers when more than one composer contributed to a soundtrack. It may not even be possible to get a completely accurate record without secret corporate documents and stuff. If this were to be part of a DTAP, perhaps a more realistic goal would be to select a few highlights from each soundtrack he completed single-handedly or mostly single-handedly.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 10:20:11 pm by FaustWolf »