Author Topic: Official Chrono Trigger toys for sale  (Read 2316 times)

lockgar

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Official Chrono Trigger toys for sale
« on: April 08, 2010, 09:41:54 pm »
I don't know where to put this, but here it is.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SQ80963

PRE-ORDER THAT SH!T NOW!!!!

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
Re: Official Chrono Trigger toys for sale
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 09:46:13 pm »
I think this is more news-worthy than General.
If I had forty bucks I'd totally order that. The dragon on top of Magus' castle is so cute!

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 09:51:57 pm »
Anyone else love how Marle is the only main character who got shafted from being a part of the collection? C'mon, do one based on the pic where she's pointing at her bewbs, Square! lol...Seriously, I hope we can all get a few of these and that they come out with more and then a new game. :P

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 10:17:53 pm »
Yeah, I'd say this is worth a front-page shout out. I'm not familiar with the collectibles scene at all so I'm gonna sound like a N00B, but is "Entertainment Earth" a legit/trustworthy place to buy from? Is it the biggest-name outlet that has the Chrono Trigger figures for pre-order, or is there an even bigger-name outlet the Compendium can cite?

lockgar

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 10:46:05 pm »
Yeah, I'd say this is worth a front-page shout out. I'm not familiar with the collectibles scene at all so I'm gonna sound like a N00B, but is "Entertainment Earth" a legit/trustworthy place to buy from? Is it the biggest-name outlet that has the Chrono Trigger figures for pre-order, or is there an even bigger-name outlet the Compendium can cite?

Entertainment Earth has handled several Square-Enix related figures, such as Final Fantasy, Kindom Hearts, Full-Metal Alchemist. As well as several Star Wars, Star Trek, DC and Marvel Comic characters. http://kotaku.com/5512577/chrono-trigger-figures-from-six-months-in-the-future I don't know how safe they are though :p They seem to be rather popular though.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 10:54:11 pm by lockgar »

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 11:05:50 pm »
Neat! I also wish I had 40 dollars to spend on one.

Anyone else love how Marle is the only main character who got shafted from being a part of the collection?

I actually didn't notice that. SUCKS. I love Marle.

C'mon, do one based on the pic where she's pointing at her bewbs, Square!

I hate that XD. But hey, it might make them a lot of money. It reminds me of a lot of figurines. There was a set of King of Fighters figurines where a lot of the girl ones had fan service poses, and it was pretty stupid to me considering that a lot of those characters were really boyish characters and it didn't make sense for them to be taking their clothes off and posing.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 11:18:30 pm »
There were tons of fanservice figurines like that at Sakuracon, actually. Some of them were quite beautiful. Even for boyish characters, the posing figurines are very pretty. I'd like a few myself.

lockgar

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 11:20:39 pm »
Anyone else love how Marle is the only main character who got shafted from being a part of the collection? C'mon, do one based on the pic where she's pointing at her bewbs, Square!

Maybe because in the other non boob pointing picture, she is getting everyone coffee/tea/elixir. Why is the princess getting everyone drinks? O I GET IT, BECAUSE SHE A GIRL SHE HAS TO SERVE EVERYONE! GET BACK IN THE KITCHEN!

"I kid of course."

lockgar

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 11:23:07 pm »
There were tons of fanservice figurines like that at Sakuracon, actually. Some of them were quite beautiful. Even for boyish characters, the posing figurines are very pretty. I'd like a few myself.

A lot of conventions have vendors who do that illegally. For example, I know there is always one guy with a master sword replica, as well as final fantasy weapons. They aren't suppose to be selling those replicas, since they are based on a existing IP they do not have any rights too. I remember one Animation Studio was pissed for a while at all of the unlicensed merchandise based on their series.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 12:18:24 am by lockgar »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 01:56:56 am »
You forgot the most awesome imagery Marle is connected to: the NA cover. Maybe they didn't know since they just had the chibi cover art for the Japan release, but Arc Impulse/Frost Arc looks pretty cool...And I like the snow gear too.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 01:37:59 pm »

Finally!

I've been looking for a set of Chrono figures to point out the fact that Marle isn't there!