Author Topic: 1UP.com Interviews ZeaLitY About the Chrono Compendium  (Read 6504 times)

LancerEvo

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: 1UP.com Interviews ZeaLitY About the Chrono Compendium
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 02:13:53 pm »
Yes it was called FF: Chronicles. I have to say; I loved the inclusion of the anime cutscenes in that version. :)

Kinda makes me wonder if there's ever been a Chrono Trigger anime. I've seen a Dragon Quest anime based on a manga, and it makes me wonder how come I've never heard of a CT anime (if there is one out there or not).  :? I know they had a really short anime with a Nu and somethin that looked like Spekkio/Kilwala enemy (not 100% sure what monsters they were) but it was a cool little "prequel" of sorts to events leading up to Marle getting sucked into the first portal at the Millenium Fair :P

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 11:36:29 am »
I'd rather Toriyama himself had more to do with the animation than TOIE as they fugged things up (added actual credence to "Crono looks like Goku!" & made post-game human Glenn lame to name two glaring mistakes)...the anime you're thinking of was the OVA Production I.G. made called "Nuumamonja: Time and Space Adventures"...I still haven't even watched it myself as it doesn't seem that interesting and I don't even know how canon it is (I don't think it's supposed to be anyway) since none of the development staff seems to have been involved with it...

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 02:27:33 pm »
@ LancerEvo & V_Translanka = That anime was somewhat boring, since none of the main characters involved even talked, and most of them weren't even in it. Totally lame to the max.

I personally think one of the main reasons that SE won't touch the Chrono series anymore is because of the desire to do it right - to have Kato & Mitsuda involved. That, and they seriously love milking their cash cows (FF & KH). It's a depressing shame that they have such an attitude toward us fans.  :cry:

And I am highly sad over the loss of Silver Lining - I was so majorly looking forward to that, being a long-time & hardcore fan of the King's Quest games...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 02:31:26 pm by Kara Kazeneko »

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 03:05:04 pm »
Kara Kazeneko as in from Chrono Trigger Haven?

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 09:26:52 pm »
Yes, the one and only...

(but you could've just sent me a note on this - not post in here)

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 09:32:14 pm »
Meh... What's done is done. It gets my post count up anyway. Hehe.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2010, 11:14:25 pm »
I'd rather Toriyama himself had more to do with the animation than TOIE as they fugged things up (added actual credence to "Crono looks like Goku!" & made post-game human Glenn lame to name two glaring mistakes)...the anime you're thinking of was the OVA Production I.G. made called "Nuumamonja: Time and Space Adventures"...I still haven't even watched it myself as it doesn't seem that interesting and I don't even know how canon it is (I don't think it's supposed to be anyway) since none of the development staff seems to have been involved with it...

It basically takes a bunch of monsters from all the different eras and claims they had "their" Millenial Fair the night before the game starts and the humans show up.

In other words, not canon AT ALL. And the humor is directed toward children, so it's not the greatest thing ever. Chrono, Lucca, and Marle show up at the end when morning comes and they see Gato.

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2010, 11:26:56 pm »

Deithmare

• Earthbound (+15)
  • I shall burn your timeline
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Theory
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2010, 06:30:37 pm »
I just finished watching the playthrough of CE and I must say, it's amazing. Though, I was a bit saddened to see unfinished credits simply allocating to the fact that the game wasn't completed. I love the Chrono series just as much as the next guy, though I'm even more saddened at the fact that I found out about the C&D letter so late. Crimson Echoes would have made for an amazing interquel, and what's more I believe Square Enix should be grateful to the fans who bought Final Fantasy I and thus, prevented said company from dying. A collaboration project with the CE team? Sure. A remake of Cross or even a new game in the series? Fine.

I'm sure many are tired of seeing people come in late only to complain and or nerdrage regarding the whole incident, but I feel I must at least let my voice be heard, no matter how insignificant it may be. To think I wanted to work for such a company as Square Enix at a younger age, only to witness the monopolizing company worsen their outlook on life much later on. I suppose I need to cut myself short before I rant any further...

Bottom line: You guys did a great job, I'll admit I was a bit lost at a few parts regarding certain timelines and or events which would cancel out other events but all in all, I understood the events that led up to Chrono Cross. Judge me not for the minuscule number of posts I've acquired but for the level of sincerity my words hold.

-Kelranox

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2010, 05:03:27 am »
Hah, I just realized that the images 1Up used in the article come from Wikipedia, meaning they're images I took in an emulator. I helped write that article in more ways than one.