Author Topic: Chrono Shift General Progress Thread  (Read 82894 times)

Joseph Lightwall

• Iokan (+1)
  • Looking Back through Time... and Forward Again!
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Shift General Progress Thread
« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2015, 05:38:44 am »
This I would like to know, as well.  :|

I just found this place and have been looking around, but judging by the dates of the posts, ... it seems there may be a bit of cobwebs hanging around the site.  :(

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2015, 06:26:46 am »
AAAACK! This project is NOT cancelled! We do most of our posts on another site underground. This project is still very much alive and kicking! This shows us for not popping on the Compendium from time to time. :cry:

Could we er be moved back to active please? :D

Some teasers to show it is being worked on and to reward those who have been waiting so patiently:

This is the concept art of a Zeal elite team, I can't go into much detail I haven't been given permission to share any of this! shh!

A Scholar's chamber:

Another group: Melange - also, cant give you much info ;)

concept:

Sprites:

All the maps in the demo have been updated - for example Zeal in the demo:

An updated version (not a final version):

:D

We also have a HUGE and beautiful soundtrack over 30+ songs, each character having their own theme song.  I'd love to share one with you but i'll have to consult the group members on that one.

Also I see no harm in posting this, the OLD world map. What it no longer looks ANYTHING like yey!

The project is still being worked on and improved :)

The plots completely finished (about 50 pages, about 20-30 hours of game time is expected)  the sprites are about 90 percent complete, (mostly we want to add enemy sprites - all important sprites are done) we are mainly working on maps and scripting/coding right now.

We still are looking for mappers out there :D If anyone would like to Volunteer message me or Boo the gentleman Caller or Bekkler, if you don't get who you messaged try the other two, we don't always pop on here.

Edit: (had to reload all the pictures thank you imageshack :P)

« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 09:54:16 am by TheMage »

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 04, 2015, 06:52:20 am »
Oh and spriters, we will take spriters too :)

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 04, 2015, 09:42:31 pm »
Great job! Hope we can discuss the characters I need sprited too

Feeso

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 06, 2015, 07:48:58 pm »
I can't tell you how happy I am to hear this(no joke my eyes are watery), after following this project for years, checking at least once a month sometimes once a week that it was alive, my heart was broken when I saw it canceled on the fan projects page. Please keep up the good work. I'm really eagerly anticipating this, is there a link to the site that has the actual updates for us fans? I don't want to get misinformed again. Also if you guys need beta testers when it's done I'll gladly volunteer. Thank you for not dropping the project!! Are you guys close to making another demo? or is there going to be nothing till the release? Speaking of that, could you tell us if the release going to be months away or years away? (approximately). BTW those sprites look awesome.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 07, 2015, 05:52:24 pm »
Hmmm I can talk to the others and see if we can keep regular updates over here on Compendium or have a thread on the other site to keep fans updated. Currently the other site's threads are mostly discussions and works in progress of  and for the project between the team and has a lot of secret stuff we can't share yet or I'd give you a link.

We definitely will need beta testers so glad your on board :D

As of right now there's not another demo scheduled just the release.

It's hard to say when the project will be done, Boo or Bekkler could give you a better time table - we hit a really hard wall when we switched engines and that's what slowed us down so much and we've finally gotten over that hurdle. ( but it was for the best for coding and graphic wise and for the overall gaming experience) the plot is done and the sprites are nearly all done the rest is just coding and mapping. We are in need of mappers because right now there's only two of us working on them and we can't code what we don't have a map for. If I had to guess i'd say less than 2 years definitely but I don't feel comfortable putting it in months- yet!

Feeso

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2015, 12:56:52 am »
OK I understand, keep up the good work!!

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2015, 07:15:35 pm »
I'm going to try and do monthly updates so we dont appear to be dead again XD

We have a new mapper which is great and are starting to get maps churned out. It's a bit slow going but its summer, I figure everyone must be outside or something. :D

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2015, 07:37:22 pm »
Hey all, I'm back on this project after a long... well, let's call it a Sabbatical. A long time away. Hopefully we'll get some more progress within a few months.

And Mage, showing that stuff off was totally ok! Lol anything to prove we're not all just dead.

Feeso

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2015, 12:11:57 am »
If you wanna prove your not dead I suggest getting the project moved to the upcoming fan projects section cause atm it's in the abandoned category

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 08, 2015, 02:50:06 am »
we know, I messaged Zeality about it but he's probably been busy lately.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 23, 2015, 04:21:15 pm »
Small little we are alive update!

Many new chipsets have been made and implemented into the engine and maps are continuing to be made.

the engine has an awesome battle system similar to Chrono Trigger allowing characters facing in different directions.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 12, 2016, 02:32:40 pm »
Grats on getting this project out of the Dead Sea.  :)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2016, 06:17:18 pm »
Thanks, I just now noticed it's out of the Dead Sea :) looks like an admin got The Mage's message.

I might as well take this time to let anyone interested know we got permission from Roetaka to use some music that was originally intended for Chrono Crisis and Chrono Ark to augment our own already-large original soundtrack. This brings our number of composers who contributed to 4 and our number of songs up to exactly "a lot".

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 14, 2016, 10:02:59 am »
Yay! Thank-you Zeality!