Author Topic: New Site!  (Read 14367 times)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: New Site!
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 01:43:28 pm »
Alright alright, I apologize if I offended you Mitchel, it was not my intention. I am harsh on fanprojects (although it probably doesn't show often, so it came out particularly noticed here), but this harshness is normally only directed towards the projects, not the project makers. Like a not very tactful way of encouraging people and motivating them by "provoking" in a constructive way. I do acknowledge that I went a bit far here, and that my comment was everything but constructive. I didn't know about your situation but in any case, sorry.

MitchelHunt

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 08:09:04 pm »
It's okay, there's no way you could've known sorry I over-reacted.

Cyrus Knight

• Creative Emeritus
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://crnp.proboards59.com
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 12:08:32 pm »
Projects ARE hard to do though. You think that it will be easy, you can just get people to help you but you end up not ever hearing anything from them again. Then you lose self confidense. You start to think, "Dude how am I going to get people to help me, no one at the compendium will help... And I'm sure as hell not asking Chrono Shock... (lol just little humor.) I'll never get this done.

You shouldn't think like that. I too am running a project that seemed dead to me. I was writing a story on Cyrus's life and I statred to lose intreast becuase I could never get any feedback, I'm not that good of a writer, and I needed someone to help me edit it. So I stopped writing it for about a year and just know I found it on my computer and was like, "Dude... I should finish this becuase I need to. It will be good for me." My confidense it up and I've been rewriting it frantically. 

Take some time, Mitchel. Sooner or later you'll find the opportunity to continue. And you'll have help. Maybe it will be 1 year or 2 maybe in like 10 years when you just graduated college and have a degree in film. You can do it dogg. 

satchel_dawg

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2007, 03:31:14 pm »
seems like the irony of most fan projects, when it goes dead others asume the worst. i've been on numerous forums, always something happens because of anothers quick judgment on another, some people never take the time to consider the complete facts of a situation.

oh, well you live and learn. every time i comment on something liek this i feel like a guidance counselor, another words very corny and stupid for saying it. oh well.

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2007, 04:54:55 pm »
Agreed.  That was extremely low of you Chrono '99...I think for now on, if people want to talk about dead projects, or ones in the making, they should not accuse of them saying that "Omfg it was 2 hard so they gave up like lol".

We have no way of knowing if certain real life events cause these things. It is the rule, not the exception, that most fan projects end up this way because of those reasons. Yes, it was out of taste, but we had know way of knowing, especially since almost every fan project to date has died because the creators took on way more than they were capable of doing or lost interest. Threads of Time, Brink of Time, Day of Thantos, After Effect, Forsaken Demesne, and et cetera were all abandoned.

This attitude of placing the burden of completion on the fan project creators and not the burden of encouragement on the site staff is necessary so we don't have more DUBOISes and Omnimarus asking me for fan project forums and then disappearing without making a single post about their proposed ideas. Worse are the ones who have impossibly grand ambitions, like CTRP's desire to port CT to Unreal Tournament without being able to recruit an important engine coder, or those who take on huge projects time after time. I made Crimson Echoes partly so the community wouldn't be fragmented. Chains of Fate sets a good example here. Against all doubt, he is really stepping up to the plate with his team and kicking all kinds of ass with Chrono Crisis. It's really coming along; that's the dedication needed to make the game. It may not come out for another year, two, or three, but at least we have some degree of certainty that it will debut someday. Zakyrus, Glennleo, Kyronea and the gang are also working like dogs to get Chrono Trigger + done, and I'll hearken back to jsondag2 as well. These guys understood what it meant to make a fan project; the huge work required is partly why I'm so afraid of Crimson Echoes and why I'm struggling to get Prophet's Guile done despite having 45 hours a week of extra obligation. It's really tough making projects, and the attitude of "it failed due to lack of interest :(" is needed to show neophytes that yes, it's hard work and yes, you need determination. There was no way these factors could have been known by Chrono'99 ahead of time.
well, i forgot about it >.>;;;
anyway, i DID finish my part of RDSCT, but no one else was interested, so i quit. its still there, if anyone wants to finish it. i did a whole lot more than others around here who quit.