Author Topic: New Site!  (Read 16885 times)

MitchelHunt

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
New Site!
« on: June 12, 2005, 06:05:37 am »
The domain is almost up! YAY!

http://www.chronomovie.com

NathanHunt

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/mjhprod/chrono.htm
New Site!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 04:46:54 pm »
i love the pages you showed me. excellent layout.

hotspot

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Breaker of wooden writing utensils
    • View Profile
    • Suikocross
Re: New Site!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 12:58:46 pm »
Didn't relize this was an old topic  :? but the website doesn't work or atleast it doesn't work anymore it keeps saying "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 01:13:03 pm »
Didn't relize this was an old topic  :? but the website doesn't work or atleast it doesn't work anymore it keeps saying "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

This project is dead. They gave up after struggling to draw one frame of a black and white Chrono pendulum.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 01:46:12 pm »

This project is dead. They gave up after struggling to draw one frame of a black and white Chrono pendulum.
why didn't they just use flash to do the animation? have it rotate on axis. I mean, that's what flash if for.

hotspot

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Breaker of wooden writing utensils
    • View Profile
    • Suikocross
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 01:46:44 pm »

Oh thanks for telling me!

MitchelHunt

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 04:38:32 pm »

You have no idea how much I wanted to do this movie. I had to stop because my dad's an alcoholic and he lost the house I live in because he wasn't working. I have no where to work now, okay?! And that pendulum was f***ing easy to make I was just trying to show what type of animation it was going to be because everyone was asking and it was getting on my nerves.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 11:08:07 pm »

You know Chrono '99 I would never see you go that low. That was so uncalled for.

Mitchel, I'm sorry for what happened. I hope you may someday get back on track.

MitchelHunt

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 11:35:43 pm »

You know Chrono '99 I would never see you go that low. That was so uncalled for.

Mitchel, I'm sorry for what happened. I hope you may someday get back on track.

Thanks, it's okay. I only have to live with it another two years and I'm out.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 11:43:41 pm »
You have no idea how much I wanted to do this movie. I had to stop because my dad's an alcoholic and he lost the house I live in because he wasn't working. I have no where to work now, okay?! And that pendulum was f***ing easy to make I was just trying to show what type of animation it was going to be because everyone was asking and it was getting on my nerves.

Stand strong! Don't listen to discouraging words & move forward without even thinking!  I know it's a difficult task that you undergone but don't lose hope.  This sound kinda corny but I couldn't stand to see a fanproject fall apart

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 11:44:28 pm »
Agreed.  That was extremely low of you Chrono '99...I think for now on, if people want to talk about dead projects, or ones in the making, they should not accuse of them saying that "Omfg it was 2 hard so they gave up like lol".

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 12:36:04 am »
Agreed.  That was extremely low of you Chrono '99...I think for now on, if people want to talk about dead projects, or ones in the making, they should not accuse of them saying that "Omfg it was 2 hard so they gave up like lol".

We have no way of knowing if certain real life events cause these things. It is the rule, not the exception, that most fan projects end up this way because of those reasons. Yes, it was out of taste, but we had know way of knowing, especially since almost every fan project to date has died because the creators took on way more than they were capable of doing or lost interest. Threads of Time, Brink of Time, Day of Thantos, After Effect, Forsaken Demesne, and et cetera were all abandoned.

This attitude of placing the burden of completion on the fan project creators and not the burden of encouragement on the site staff is necessary so we don't have more DUBOISes and Omnimarus asking me for fan project forums and then disappearing without making a single post about their proposed ideas. Worse are the ones who have impossibly grand ambitions, like CTRP's desire to port CT to Unreal Tournament without being able to recruit an important engine coder, or those who take on huge projects time after time. I made Crimson Echoes partly so the community wouldn't be fragmented. Chains of Fate sets a good example here. Against all doubt, he is really stepping up to the plate with his team and kicking all kinds of ass with Chrono Crisis. It's really coming along; that's the dedication needed to make the game. It may not come out for another year, two, or three, but at least we have some degree of certainty that it will debut someday. Zakyrus, Glennleo, Kyronea and the gang are also working like dogs to get Chrono Trigger + done, and I'll hearken back to jsondag2 as well. These guys understood what it meant to make a fan project; the huge work required is partly why I'm so afraid of Crimson Echoes and why I'm struggling to get Prophet's Guile done despite having 45 hours a week of extra obligation. It's really tough making projects, and the attitude of "it failed due to lack of interest :(" is needed to show neophytes that yes, it's hard work and yes, you need determination. There was no way these factors could have been known by Chrono'99 ahead of time.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 01:31:08 am »
That still doesn't justify that type of insult.

If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your damn mouth shut.

My mom used to say that to me.

Ramsus

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 02:42:06 am »
That still doesn't justify that type of insult.

If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your damn mouth shut.

My mom used to say that to me.

Would you have even cared had not MitchelHunt revealed the difficult problems he's enduring in his life right now? Chrono '99's post isn't even that "low" until you know MitchelHunt's situation. Had Chrono '99  known, I bet he wouldn't have made such a biting post. Hell, I bet he might have even considered apologizing before you came in riding on the moral high horse and demonizing him.

It looks almost like you just want to make monsters of others so you yourself can feel more "decent," but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're just inflexible and insensitive.

Besides, Chrono '99's post -- as raw as it is -- pretty much summarizes what appeared to any casual observer to be the reality behind this failed project, up until one reads MitchelHunt's post.

That doesn't justify his post, but what justifies yours? That he made a mistake and didn't apologize before you managed to jump in and nail him for it?

Remember that once you start riding the moral high horse, you better not get off, or you'll lose all credibility. Think about that before quoting mom again.

MitchelHunt

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 06:30:49 am »
I didn't mean to start anything, it's just that I don't like it when people judge me based on what other people do. And thanks, but Zeality's right, he wouldn't have said that if he knew my situation.