Author Topic: My daughter rests in the planet's dream.  (Read 1346 times)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
My daughter rests in the planet's dream.
« on: March 09, 2010, 03:12:41 am »
Today is the anniversary of the day that my daughter died.  Naive people say that time heals all wounds, but that is infuriatingly untrue.

I miss her so much.  Every day.

But she will not be mourned in silence today.  My boyfriend D and my good friends here at school and all over the world will mourn her today with me.  She did not get to live long...but she is loved by so many.

She means everything to me.

I love her so much.  I miss her.  I miss her every day.  And I love her every day.

I am so blessed beyond all reason to have been her mother, if only for a few months.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 12:00:40 am by Sajainta »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: My daughter rests in the planet's dream.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 05:00:00 am »
There is probably no greater grief than that of a parent for their child. It's good to know you have a strong social support network in coping with such immense loss.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 08:07:49 am »
I never liked the the phrase "Time heals all wounds", I think it should be "time teaches you how to cope with wounds".

I don't know the loss of a child specifically, but I now the pain from the loss of family several times over. Still I do envy all parents, there is nothing I want more then raise a child in this world.

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 08:24:19 am »
For all of the things I mull over for better or worse in the day to day, I find myself musing on something most important now...

That quote you posted in the quotes thread, Saj, the one that said everybody is fighting a great battle, is spot on.  How often we forget that, though most of us need only look in the mirror to remember.  Then there are some battles that most of us simply cannot comprehend, and that as well is paramount to remember.  Far too often we cannot grasp that there is so much beyond ourselves.

And, all I can think of every time I try to comprehend it is how important it is to just "keep going".  "Keep going" is something of a mantra for me at times.  Just keep going, keep moving, keep looking, because it is the only way to come to a better understanding, and perhaps to a better place.

I appreciate your openness with us, Saj.  I really do.  Hope you are as well as you can be. 

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 08:32:14 am »
Ah. This is sad indeed.

I agree with the others. I have never felt this loss, so I cannot know how you feel. But I think it would be wise to keep moving forward. Never forget, but keep moving forward.

At least you are still with us. That is reason enough to be joyous, right?

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 10:52:24 am »
I'm terribly sorry to hear that. You will be in my thoughts today.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 12:55:35 pm »
History can be so hard to look at, for reasons like these. It is hard for me to imagine. Yours is a modern-day telling of a very old trope in the story of humanity. I've got no words to comfort, but I wish you well.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 06:20:07 pm »
 Time alone will never heal anything. You can't just let a wound bleed out, it doesn't work like that.

Unfortunately, wounds like this require ailments which you find only with luck, and only by keeping your heart open. Pray for her soul, and for your own as well.

You have my support

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 07:07:02 pm »
there really isnt much to say that hasnt already been said, ms sai. we will never really understand, but our ears and hearts are open. time really doesnt heal wounds. but with a little help from friends and family, the wounds might be just a little less painful.

MsBlack

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 12:55:43 pm »
I have no idea what to say, other than that you should know my regret and sympathy (even though not, of course, empathy).

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 01:39:14 am »
You have my deepest sympathies, Saj...such a terrible thing to go through, that is. I hope she rests peacefully, and I am sure that where-ever she may be now, that she knows her mother loves her very much, still, to this very day. I couldn't imagine losing a child...that must be a madness all in it's own.

I wish you the best of life, Saj. You need a good one, that you do. *gives you a hug, milady*

(It's very late, but I hope my empathy is still good.)