Author Topic: Want to be a Judge?  (Read 4935 times)

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
Want to be a Judge?
« on: February 26, 2007, 10:23:57 pm »
Do you have zero artistic ability?

Did you hate going to art class in school?

Then be a judge for the Compendium's Spring Art Contest!

I for one can't do anything artistic, so I figured I'd create a thread for those interested in possibly being a judge for this contest. (If I'm out of line here Zeality feel free to delete this topic.)

If you are interested in judging the contest leave a short post in this topic, and Zeality or whoever will choose among the applicants.

I for one would be honored to judge this fantastic event. Zeality please take into consideration my request to be a judge of this contest. Thanks!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Want to be a Judge?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 10:26:11 pm »
Well, in the end, it'll probably be Ramsus and a couple people of his choosing. But I guess you could try to vie for a judging position as long as you...demonstrate that you have the right stuff for judging fan art.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 10:34:52 pm »
How exactly would we demonstrate our judging abilities, Zeality?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 10:43:24 pm »
No earthly idea. Noting what you'll be judging on is a good start.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 11:05:59 pm »
Well, in the end, it'll probably be Ramsus and a couple people of his choosing. But I guess you could try to vie for a judging position as long as you...demonstrate that you have the right stuff for judging fan art.

Ahhh, I should have figured. I thought it may have been a little more laid back on who the judges may be.

As far as noting what I would be judging on that's a little tough to say I'd think. Creativity and originality obviously. Disregard to what type of media the art is portrayed is of course a must. Let me see. It must pertain to an aspect of Chrono Trigger/Cross, or Radical Dreamers, possibly even some fan projects coming out. Other than that I just go on who I feel did the best work, and just has that certain Wow factor. Some thought need to go into your piece. Also, anonymous judging is a must. It wouldn't be far to give your forum buddy the nod because you are friends with them, rather than give it to someone you've never heard of before who did an outstanding job.

Well I dunno if that cleared up anything or not, but that's more or less my attitude on judging. I'm not quite sure if that's what you meant, but I gave it a shot. Plus since it's a team of 3 or so like you said, I'm sure conversing over the art work would ensure the correct winner being chosen, and I like to think I'm a fairly intelligent, logical guy. I'm willing to compromise on a winner if I'm outvoted 2-1.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 05:10:52 am »
ya know, zeal, ya could always send the artwork my way. I'd be happy to judge. I've done it before (and on MFA student artwork.)

...(mfa= master of fine arts.)