Poll

If Chrono Cross were to be remade, which system would you want it on?

Nintendo 3DS
7 (41.2%)
Sony NGP/PSP2
1 (5.9%)
Xbox 360
0 (0%)
PS3
3 (17.6%)
Wii
2 (11.8%)
Any or all the above
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: If Chrono Cross were to be remade, which system would you want it on?  (Read 2446 times)

redandblack64

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Well, if this game got an enhanced remake, as minimal as Chrono Trigger DS or as drastic as the DS Final Fantasy games, which two systems would you want it on? I didn't include the PSP or DS because those two systems are about to be overshadowed by the newer handhelds.

tiny260

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Fan Fiction Profile
Hm... I wonder, with it's mixed ratings and views, would CC be remade?

redandblack64

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
The Chrono Trigger remake on DS seems to have been made partly to bring new players who havent played it before (like me) into it's 10 year old sequel, Chrono Cross. In fact, the new 13th ending seems to serve as a bit of a sequel hook, along with other things that were added. After playing Cross, I think it would only make sense for it to get the same treatment Trigger got, especially since there are lots of newer fans who are expecting a remake of the next game. It also kinda needs a remake, due to the fact that it could have used another year or two in development. This game deserves a second chance.

tiny260

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Fan Fiction Profile
The Chrono Trigger remake on DS seems to have been made partly to bring new players who havent played it before (like me) into it's 10 year old sequel, Chrono Cross. In fact, the new 13th ending seems to serve as a bit of a sequel hook, along with other things that were added. After playing Cross, I think it would only make sense for it to get the same treatment Trigger got, especially since there are lots of newer fans who are expecting a remake of the next game. It also kinda needs a remake, due to the fact that it could have used another year or two in development. This game deserves a second chance.

Oh. Well, you have a point. I just mean... I've heard some mixed things about it. Some people love it, some call it a "dark fanfic", but you have a good point: The game DOES deserve a second chance.

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
Mmm... I'm going to say Nintendo 3DS or Wii, for no real reason, simply because those are the systems I own  :P

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
I'd say Wii... nothing in particular as to why, except that, well, all the other options are a no-go for me... :(

tiny260

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Fan Fiction Profile
Mmm... I'm going to say Nintendo 3DS or Wii, for no real reason, simply because those are the systems I own  :P

Wow, that's exactly why I chose those two as well!

(It was here I had to pause and wonder who would say "these two, too" as the words two and too sounds alike so it would cause confusion.)

redandblack64

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
I just voted for the handhelds, because they're the systems I'm going to get (and the most-likely platforms the game would show up on), and I think it would make sense to include one of Sony's consoles, considering Cross was a PS1 game.

gatotsu911

• Guardian (+100)
  • Where Angels Lose Their Way...
    • View Profile
    • TAFKA (my blog)
3DS would probably be the most practical and the most enjoyable. It would be easy for SquEnix to translate the assets and interface over to the 3DS with moderate improvements, and those beautiful Yasuyuki Honne backgrounds could look breathtaking retooled for stereoscopic 3D. Also being on a Nintendo system would open up the possibility that they could collaborate with Monolith Soft, a.k.a. where much of the Cross staff (Honne included) are now.

Mixed ratings? Chrono Cross may have divided fans, but not critics; the game got high scores across the board and has a 94 on Metacritic.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 03:34:40 pm by gatotsu911 »