Author Topic: Final Fantasy V  (Read 1997 times)

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy V
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 10:27:46 pm »
FFV is like my third favorite FF. I felt the story was great but the characters were a bit lacking. It wasn't anyones fault really. More of system limits, like FF4. I wish there was more dialogue between them. However, the greatness of the game lies in the job system. That is my first experience to the job system and to me it's the only bearable version.

However, Zeality, you thought ExDeath wasn't human? Well that was kinda the point. He was meant to be pure evil. Villain behavior has always been great in FF, if you ask me, save Ultimacia. They fit their bill. If you don't like him, it's prolly the character style you don't like.

But I should stay out of this, seeing as I have yet to kill Neo-ExDeath. (because it's impossible without grinding!!!!)

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy V
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 12:40:56 am »
From a story perspective, FF V was clearly inferior to FF IV, and I have to wonder if that was the reason the game wasn't released over in the US during the 16-bit era.  Seriously, Ex Death?!  That was a step backward in the series.  Thankfully the franchise redeemed itself with the comically villainous Kefka in the next game.

Other than that, FF V was a really fun to play RPG with several memorable moments.  Remember how much of a pain Omega was?  That was one of the first optional "super bosses" to show up in Final Fantasy - not including the warmech from FF 1.  Remember the secret to learning the mime ability from Gogo?  Do NOTHING!  Classic.  And remember the sheer ownage from controlling a full party of mimes?  That level of joy hasn't been duplicated since.

Bartz reminded me a lot of Locke in FF VI, except that Bartz could be anything you wanted him to be.